Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bow hunting Maui

2 posters

Go down

Bow hunting Maui Empty Bow hunting Maui

Post  Chuckleberryfin Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:33 pm

hows it going guys new to the site and to maui, i am just curious as to what kind of info can be discussed about hunting on maui just looking to meet some new people who share my addiction to the outdoors. if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to start scouting until i get my hawaiian hunters licence and if anyone could provide me with some info as to an archery shop or club thats a good place to shoot the shit and get some practice i would greatly appreciate it
thanks
chuckleberryfin
Chuckleberryfin
Chuckleberryfin
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Bow hunting Maui Empty Re: Bow hunting Maui

Post  Misadventure Gear Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:30 am

Aloha Chuckleberry,

You'll enjoy Maui, dats for sure. As for your questions, first of all, any kind of hunting can be discussed here, but we do ask you keep it civil. There's a lot of good guys here who will be happy to help you out. As for where to start scouting, Polipoli is the place to go. There is an archery-only zone (Unit E) with pigs. Setting up in a blind or stand is the best way to hunt that unit. Also in Polipoli you can bowhunt the goats year-round, and hogs (when in season) in the rifle zones. That is usually more spot-n-stalk. Good fun, challenging, and probably one of my most favorite hunts. Getting your license is easy. If you did a hunters ed course somewhere else you will need a letter of exemption before you can buy your lic. You can then buy the lic. online, at sports authority, or at the state building, room 101. Check out DLNR Hunting Index for more info.

As for shops, there is Island Archer in Honolulu. On Maui, a guy named Jason runs J's Archery out of his house, and can order you anything. I usually end up doing things myself, but I am a DIY kinda guy. As for clubs, there is Valley Isle Archery Club. I think they still have a weekly indoor range at the Eddie Tam Gym in Makawao on either Wed or Thursday at 7pm, but I'm not sure.

Feel free to give me a holler and I'll be happy to help anytime. You can PM me from here, or through my website at www.misadventuregear.com

Shoots.....
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum