Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info on Hunting Maui... I need it. Birds or Mammals?

3 posters

Go down

Info on Hunting Maui... I need it. Birds or Mammals? Empty Info on Hunting Maui... I need it. Birds or Mammals?

Post  UpFront Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:34 am

Headed to Maui weekend after next and gonna try to squeeze in some hunting. Since bird season is starting We will most likely be in "bird mode" so can anybody fill me in as to whats available over there? areas, species, etc? We have not ruled out going after pigs or goats though but we gotta committ one way or another so we know what gear to bring. Would love to even tag along on some dog and knife action if anybody is going Monday the 15th cuz the bird hunting is only weekends, mahaloz for any help. Shoots, Dave.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Info on Hunting Maui... I need it. Birds or Mammals? Empty Re: Info on Hunting Maui... I need it. Birds or Mammals?

Post  gotblika Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Check out pg. 28-30. I haven't been up Polipoli (unit C) this year but I think this years bird season will suck again. Our drought situation is really bad over here and it really affects the bird population. Anyway there are some pheasant, california quail and chukar up Polipoli. I'll be on the BI that weekend But PM me for my phone # if you need anymore info
http://www.state.hi.us/dlnr/dofaw/hunting/BirdHuntingRegs_Chap122-02.pdf

Also the pig season is closed up there during bird season except for archery (unit E). Goats daily except on
legal bird hunting days.
Pg 37-40
http://www.state.hi.us/dlnr/dofaw/hunting/MammalHuntingRegs_Chap123.pdf

gotblika
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Info on Hunting Maui... I need it. Birds or Mammals? Empty Re: Info on Hunting Maui... I need it. Birds or Mammals?

Post  Misadventure Gear Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Polipoli is the place for birdhunting. But like Gotlika said, the birds are hurting. I've seen and heard pheasants and chukars up around and above Ballpark Junction recently, so you might want to check that out. Also the grassy fields below Waipoli Road where the pavement ends usually holds pheasants too.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Hey thanks guys that info helps a lot. We are now tossing around the idea of taking the ferry across to Lanai and doing the 50 dollar land tag archery deal just for the day on Sat.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum