Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building a Representaion

+2
kuniole pua'a!!!
CAVE CANEM
6 posters

Go down

Building a Representaion Empty Building a Representaion

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Hey guys! If you got any ideas or feedback or are just wondering what's going on please post up here. I have been part of the Texas Dog Hunters Association for almost a year now and have met a few very passionate and experienced people, One of them is Douglas Mason who was the president for quite a number of years and is taking this year off but still is the "Lead Advisor" to the Association and makes multiple trips to Austin, Texas to represent and hear what is going on. I also have got the chance to seek advice from Ron Branyon who is one of the founding members of the TDHA and get his input on where or what he would recommend to set something like this up. These are just suggestions and I am just throwing them up for everyone to give feedback on. Here is the mail I got from Mr Mason:
First what do you'll want this too be, a club or an Org. that fights for your rights?
If going the fight for your rights then I suggest you get incorpated and be an education group to promote and protect the right too use dogs and educate youth, get a non-profit rating.
Elect or select some out standing people that will put the time in to promote and get the word out by helping youth and feeding the needy.
The more people that you can get too support your group the better you'll be.
Everyone has a want too but you'll find that few will committe and work with you, they are too busy.

Any way I can help will be willing too do so.
Contact USSportmens Alliance also for help, TDHA is a sponsoring member because it for all the States

I then contacted Mr Branyon and this was his response:
First step is to look into what is required to establish a non-profit organization in Hawaii. This is the most important and will require the most research.
Then get our by-laws and use them as your foundation (tweak if necessary).
Then get a diverse group of dog hunters (what ever type you have on the island) and sell them why they need a dog hunting organization.
If you can get a group togther establish a board of directors and officer.
Recruit! Recruit Recruit!
Build a website.
Fundraiser to get going.
Figure out how to contact your representatives.

So guys feel free to add anything and if you're interested watch this thread for further information! Also if there are any questions you guys would like me to run by either Mr Mason or Branyon let me know!
If you want to check out he TDHA website, http://thenewtdha.com/tdha/default.htm
Isaac
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Building a Representaion Empty Re: Building a Representaion

Post  kuniole pua'a!!! Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:29 am

Right on brah l like da way youve been helping out all dis time searching for answers to everyones ?'s seems to me you youre very knowlegable and bright for a young man your age and if l had a say on dis matter l'd would really like to see you on da comittee representing the Biglsland alongside with others. So please give it a thought we still have a long ways to go but your research so far has given some light on how we should start up. l was wonderin if in texas they face almost the same problems like we do here in da islands as far like fighting to keep give ,more access to hunters.managing pig populations, etc and what kind of remedies they came up with....keep da good works cruzah T.C.K.P

kuniole pua'a!!!
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  hog428 Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:16 am

Right on !! cruzah good info

All you guys want to talk in real time let's talk Tue. night 7 pm go to the link below it is to my web page we can use the chat line post all your Ideas in the forum so we all can read them how you would like to see it set up and run how to pick our reps etc. Ideas for raising money anything you can think of that would be important we can all get on line and talk together HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE
http://nhhahawaii.ning.com/

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:56 am

Kuniole Pua'a- Thank you for the compliment, I saw an oppurtunity 4 action and took the oppurtunity to contribute. As far as me being on any commitee, Thank you for the recommendation and if the team decides to pitch me the ball I would be happy to "tighten my chinstrap and lower my head" We is coming!!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:41 pm

kuniole pua'a!!! wrote:Right on brah l like da way youve been helping out all dis time searching for answers to everyones ?'s seems to me you youre very knowlegable and bright for a young man your age and if l had a say on dis matter l'd would really like to see you on da comittee representing the Biglsland alongside with others. So please give it a thought we still have a long ways to go but your research so far has given some light on how we should start up. l was wonderin if in texas they face almost the same problems like we do here in da islands as far like fighting to keep give ,more access to hunters.managing pig populations, etc and what kind of remedies they came up with....keep da good works cruzah T.C.K.P

Kuniole Pua'a- I posted this question up on a board for everyone from Texas to be able to comment and have found that their list of threats to our lifestyle are pretty identical to the ones we face here but if they had to point out "the single worst threat" They would say it would be ourselves! There are to many guys who think "Ah, They get um!" and "Get guys out there fighting for me, I no need" along with the guys who never were taught what being an outdoorsman and make ass of the title.

I've got a little more to say but will wait until the chat on Tuesday to run it by everyone! See you guys there!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kuniole pua'a!!! Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:28 am

aloha cruzah thanx fo da reply dat real intresting hopfuly we can change peoples thinking by giving them evidence and educating dem how real this situation is where dea are groups with mean financial backing supporting dem to eliminate wild pigs and other wild game all together and nows da time to fight back and make stand "TAKING KEA TODAY FO ONE BETTAH TOMOROW".....WE GOTTA MAKE WAY TO PROTECT OUR KEIKIS FUTURE.....bum by dey no can survive aloha...T.C...K.P...

kuniole pua'a!!!
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  juspress Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:52 am

LET'S DO DIS...HUNTAHZ OF HAWAII UNITE...LETS MAKE IT OFFICIAL AND STAND UP 2 EVERYBODY AS ONE SOLID BEING...INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUALS DOING THEIR OWN THING...COUNT ME IN... cheers cheers cheers
juspress
juspress
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Howzit Braddas going be on da ko'olau summit camping tomorrow so not sure about da reception. If get den i'll be on da chat but no talk to fast eh I only a one finga typa so no mine me if I tell you guys slo down Very Happy

If I cannot get on den I wait and see what da scoops.

Shoots my braddas.....ALohaz!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Building a Representaion Empty Tonight is the night

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:28 am

If anyone has any input we're chatting here http://nhhahawaii.ning.com/ Right now Please join us!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Building a Representaion Empty Cruzah you da man!!!

Post  Koa Boa Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:16 am

Howzit Bradda's just a quick update for this representation of hawaii's hunters:

We had a live chat this evening with Hogwild, Hog428, Jusacruzah and Myself on Hog428's website. We came up with a name for the club it is tentatively called Hawaii Sportsman Alliance as we felt that all hawaii's sportsman should be involved. Cruzah and I will figure out if this name is available tomorrow so we'll see. The 4 of us are also stand in reps for our island but we need ACTUAL BOARD MEMBERS so if youre interested and have the commitment and time to be one and would like to become one please let us know ASAP as we wanna get this club up and runnin. We neeb a board so we can move on with other impotant matters if there is any questions please feel free to get involved please dont stand by and depend on others to protect your hunting heritage. GET INVOLVED!

Alohaz!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Building a Representaion Empty Organization and Number's!!!...

Post  HOG WILD Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:49 am

Aloha Fellow Hunter's, Tonight we had a great chat session with two hours of brain storming and went through the first step of getting a name for our organization.We need to come together as one so that the culture that we love may be passed on to our children and there children.I humbly ask for everyones support with this quest so that our culture can be sustained.Without all of you and all of us coming together our culture will be something of the past.We will be on chat at 8:00 pm tomorrow night,we ask that you be a part of this and join us on Hog428 web site posted below.
http://nhhahawaii.ning.com/
Aloha,Robert C.
"SOME GO HUNTING,SOME ARE HUNTER'S"

HOG WILD
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  hog428 Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:11 pm

We had a great first meeting but missed most of you PLEASE GET INVOLVED TONIGHT AT 8 your hunting future is at stake check out the post by koa boa this should wake you up they are trying to get things past with out us knowing if it weren't for the post by koa we would KNOW NOTHING until it was to late unless we join together there will be no hunt for the further generations come on you guy's put the personal rubbish aside and protect our way of life

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kuniole pua'a!!! Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:30 am

right on cruzah and all you others who got together last week to start our organization l was away for a week and it wasnt possible fo me to take along my pc l was bum l couldnt be apart of that session but lm excited to see how youve started its all good lm standing by for da next chat session so please keep us posted mahalos....T.C..K.P...TAKING KEA TODAY FO ONE BETTAH TOMOROW........

kuniole pua'a!!!
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum