Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lets see your bladez

+13
mrmahi
calvin
Ikestr
Kauai Boy
Babooze
timmy96815
Kauai808
evan
AK Andy
CAVE CANEM
Koa Boa
HYPA
kalama
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

lets see your bladez Empty lets see your bladez

Post  kalama Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:54 am

i love knivez hell we all do,i carry 3 bladez when i go out to the bush one 12" machete,7"belt knife ,an a 4"boning blade,but some times i leave the 7"blade at home an just take the 2,i own about 52 knives factory an customs,,,what do you bradaz carry???factory,semi custom,or custom blades,what size an how much bladez you take.you got any safe queens..pics would be killaz
kalama
kalama
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

lets see your bladez Empty Re: lets see your bladez

Post  kalama Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:17 am

heres some of mine,ok this is not working for me,gota read one more time how to post pics
kalama
kalama
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 pm

I use a regular tool steel ontario for the trail and to stab, the front quater has been cut down down to a talon style tip this way i can use it to poke pig also..not a very elaborate knife but for all the beating it takes it still goes in smooth. my gut and skin knife is a boker drop point its only 4in blade but its handle is about 5 1/2 this way it holds steady when skinning it has a full tang handle and cherry wood scales...i love this knife it has good weight and balance so keeping the fat on the meat is simple. I also use a small drop tip hunter made buy hen and rooster....some of my favorite knives are hen and roosters.......love the stag handles...this knife is great for deboning in those tight areas and its also good for cleaning up the jaw.....razor sharp!

those are the three knives i carry in the mountain..ill post some picts as soon as i get home
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

lets see your bladez Empty Here you go Hawaiian

Post  Koa Boa Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:03 am

Here's a pic of what I normally carry sometime I may substitute for kicks n giggles but hardly. I also didnt include my utility knife that is ALWAYS on me hunting or not and my sharpening steel.

Aloha!!!

Top 2 I carry in my pack deboner and skinner

bottom 2 I carry on my belt one for cut trail,poke other for backup and debone,skin etc in case i drop my pack to answer thick place.

lets see your bladez DSC016082
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kalama Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:27 am

nice ,very nice blades love those brands,ontario knives are very good for the price the 1095 steel is tuff stuff i got the sp-6 fighter 8" blade good knife,boker is good they use different stainless steel depends what plant it was made out off ,the high end knives use t6mov i never tried it but i hear its good,if you got a hen &rooster made from 1865-1980 dont get rid of it,they are the best knives ever made at the plant they say,,,coldsteel another good choice just sold 3 trailmasters this past year,is that the carbon v,,they dont make it anymore,the oss is an awesome pig sticker,,is that forschner/victorinox buther knives are very good,i like mine but another good choice i use is f.dick knives made in germany there kinda cheap hold an edge very well or try mora knives from sweden $8-$15 carbon or stainless i think there the best,go youtube punch in mora knives an check them out,,aloha
kalama
kalama
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Oh yes kalama german steel is some of the best ...the problem with hen and rooster is that the company started to sell out and allot of the knives started to get manufactured in spain...now you will find that only the smaller hen and roosters are completly made in germany......My pops gave me my first H an R when i was a kid back in the late 70s...That knife dosnt go with me in trail but i will use it to skin hogs when they get home ...I have h an R gut /skinner that i use alot in the mountain....I purchased it a couple of years ago and to tell you the truth its performs just as good as the old skinner i have ...actually its better holding to the weather...i guess they started to incorporate 420 and other types of steel in this moderen age...the edge holds well sometimes all i have to do is run it over a kila and its back to a razor.

Let me ask you this....have you ever herd of running your knives over the kila backwards?........I had my pops teach this....there is only about 20% of people that can actually hold a true angle when sharpining the knife....i find that after you get the edge run it over a kila backwards that way you dont dig into the rod, this will straighten out the edge then a nice peice of leather strap to polish and off you go!

Ontarios are great for the mountain....but once that protective finish comes off they like to rust!!lol they are a good hard tool steel that dosnt break when you are chopping trail...the problem i find with my ontario is I can get the edge down like a razor!!! this is not good when you are chopping trail!!lol i have actually skinned pigs with that knife.....the edge will start to chip then you have to rework the edge back....keep the edge kinda thick to solve this problem just the tip should be the most sharp, lets face it you should carrry other knives to do surgical work....lol

now Boker let me tell you if it wasnt for the name on the blade you wouldnt know the dif between a boker skinner and an H an R they are identical...why? dont know...but boker is a pricy knife......they have a 4 in drop tip hunter that they sell for 2100.00$...why...dunno!...lol..but that thing better pack pig too and never have to be sharpened..lol
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Howzit Kalama,

yeah da top two is victorinox the one below that is a kershaw and the bottom is a carbon V trailmaster.

I have bucks,gerbers,sog,mac etc that I use too. customs are in storage.

yes the OSS is a cherry knife fo poke pig like a hot knife through butter. I like the san mai for corrosion resistance as the carbon v is a devil to upkeep. High carbon steel that's why but its all good love the knife.

Aloha!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kalama Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:38 am

running the blade backwards is just like sharpening a convex edge,its one of my favorite edges it can hold its edge for long time ,i like fallknivens an barkrivers they use a convex edge awesome blades,if you ever get the chance to get one its worth it,hen-n-rooster is like boker alot of there blades is made in argentina an U.S now ,thats how they get around the trade embargo,an price,,,if you want a sharp edge try the scandi grind man they are scarry sharp,but hit bone an you can roll the edge but easy to sharpen,yah i love carbon knives but it is a pain to keep from rusting,but a good patina gives the knife a little spunk to me
kalama
kalama
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:57 am

I am gonna check that out.....the only time i need razor sharp is when im cutting cauloses from my toe..hahahaha .I try to use a semi sharp for skinning cuz its easier to run along the hair line and not cut the skin....I skin hogs on the ground its easier to save the fat in one peice.....i like the boker but i will probably not buy another one ill stick with the H an R for now.

you ever heard of John Davis knives he does alot of damascus steel and works alot with curly style woods...you should try and look him up im kinda getting the feen to get one but have to sneak it past the old lady Very Happy
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kalama Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:02 am

yep heard of john davis he does real good work,if you get the custom bug try koyote knives brada made some killa knives for me not to bad the prices,i like fiddleback knives using it now good blade,if you can get some cash get one bill buxton i sold 2 of his knives one hunter an bowie stupidest thing i ever did,get one young local guy making some killa bladez going get him for do some when i get the kala,forget his name ,i going look an post-um later
kalama
kalama
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Eh you guys know that this thread is worthless without pics right...LMAO!!!

we can talk all day bout da knives we get but a pic is worth a 1000 words...hahahahaha

nah jus kidding my bradda's some great knives u talkin bout

Aloha!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm

ok ok i just gots a lot of crap to do when i get home with 5 Sad kids and 12 dogs Mad and building a house Crying or Very sad , running a buisness Rolling Eyes ..hahahahahahh i will defenitly get tyhose picts up! Very Happy
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kalama Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:58 pm

can someone P.M me how to post pics ,when read how but still no work,me a computer dum-dum,,,i press browse at host image,pick my pic, then im lost i press host but still no work..
kalama
kalama
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:36 pm

Sign up for Photobucket and upload them to there and then just copy the IMG code and paste in message.

lets see your bladez S2010039
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

lets see your bladez Empty Blades

Post  AK Andy Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:28 am

Howzit Guys?
I am lovin this thread and the other one about blades/guns guys.
I couldn't resist postin a pic of my favorite blades.
I hope this link works- it's my junglee/machete- I use for cutting trail, my favorite skinner (Forschner), my hog sticker (sharpened both sides), and my favorite little Victorinox serrated (I buy them by the case) and one of them can gut and skin an entire moose (if in a pinch) without sharpening, they are lightweight and easy to pack and no big deal if you lose one at ~$4 each.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/13/61/46/58/pict0111.jpg
Alohaz,
AK Andy
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

lets see your bladez Empty My blades

Post  AK Andy Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:33 am

That serv image doesn't work as good as photobucket for me: so I'll try again....
lets see your bladez PICT0112
aloha
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:18 am

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Friggin Chris you crack me up lets see your bladez Icon_lol You are a very busy man damn hope you get some free time to chase dem hogs take away some of the everyday stresses of raising 5 kids caring for 12 dogs and building one house lets see your bladez Icon_biggrin at least we know the best remedy for that is HUNTIN' lets see your bladez Icon_biggrin
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:21 am

Howzit Bradda Kalama,

Mahalo for the info im gonna order some koyote knives sent him the info I like the sheaths his wife/girlfriend makes da bugga is cherry. Very decent prices for full custom knives.

Was also checking out some Randall Bowie's look good sent an e-mail so we see what happen.

Aloha,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kalama Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 pm

koyote good guy awesome knives good price ,randals are good to but pricey ,wait is 4 yrs now for a blade,buy it after market an the prices are crazy,dam still tring to find out how to post some pics,,,if you got the kala check out busse combat,bark rivers an fallknivens is what i collect now ,prices arnt bad knives are bad a$$
kalama
kalama
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  evan Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:48 pm

I been using a Bark River Woodland Special...all the blade I need....Dont really like maintaining the convex edge, and could never get it that sharp so I changed it to a v grind...

Almost always have a 12" Ontario machete with me too, the D handle kine with the knuckle guard taken off.

Just ordered a Dexter Russell 6" wide boning blade for deboning and running dogs, need to find some leather to make a sheath from....

Had a carbon Sharpfinger that was mean, Buck 119 bladed me plenty pigs before I lost it, Grohmann canadian belt knifes are also mean, but i lost that one too. Spyderco Tenacious is a great folding knife for 30$.

lets see your bladez Woodland010

Last edited by evbouret on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:27 am

kalama wrote:koyote good guy awesome knives good price ,randals are good to but pricey ,wait is 4 yrs now for a blade,buy it after market an the prices are crazy,dam still tring to find out how to post some pics,,,if you got the kala check out busse combat,bark rivers an fallknivens is what i collect now ,prices arnt bad knives are bad a$$

Yeah Rajah! I checked out those knives you mentioned and a whole lotta others as well. I was looking into local custom knife makers as well my cuzin has a friend that makes incredible knives but he only makes it for himself he made one for my cuzin because my cuzin gave him some wood or something like that but that knive is awesome. Too bad he doesnt sell his knives i'd recommend them.

Aloha and Thanks Again!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kalama Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:48 am

aloha evbouret like your thread of hawaiian medicine on bushcraft usa ,just did one trade brada send me one knife i when send him some aloe,ualoa,awa,mamaki,,,was one good trade,,the barkriver woodland luv that blade,convex use to piss me off when i first got it,but after you get the hang of sharpening a convex edge.its easy an some of my bladez pop hair off your arm,an the edge tends to last longer..aloha koa boa heres one young brada do some nice work neva get chance to try one yet,,yet,, but going his web site is www.chikarabladeworks.com
kalama
kalama
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kalama Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 pm

lets see your bladez 01815
this is a custom from fiddleback forge with a scandi grind

Last edited by kalama on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
kalama
kalama
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Very nice collection you've got there Kalama! I wasn't sure which picture was 024 and never like just post anything but if you go into your album and copy and paste the IMG code to here it should work out.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 am

here are some of my stickers..depending on how many guys are hunting with me and what mood im in i change em up so often..the top is a checklosavacian 1912 bayonet the next is my ontario trail knife next is my ol cheapie but goodie winchester bowie.....might go in as smooth as any knife out there, next is my sog ...not really inpressed with that one and finaly the probis m9 bayonet ..not my knife of choice for big hogs.

lets see your bladez Sticke11

now these are my favorite skiners and deboners the top two are my hen and roosters skinner/deboner next is my boker drop point hunter and after that, that monster on the bottom is a large skinner made in 73 but nothing special

lets see your bladez Hen_ro10

another shot of my two favorites!

lets see your bladez Skinne10
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down