Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets see it!!!!!

+20
4X4TOYOTA
Kauai808
AK Andy
Jedi8541
MAUKAKANE1
fishes808
Misadventure Gear
CAVE CANEM
Nic Barca
HYPA
DJFrosty
KANUHA BROTHERS
evan
pit808
UpFront
Lyle B
Kauai Boy
Vidinha
timmy96815
Koa Boa
24 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lets see it!!!!!

Post  Koa Boa Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:27 am

Pit What Caliber is it? Have a few there good actions same as the weatherby vanguard. FFP is good to depends on the reticle thickness right on Nice one.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  pit808 Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:42 am

its a 308. Can't beat a 308 in regards to reloading cost/components thanks to uncle sam/nato. Maybe when I get more $$ I'll get a 338. That scope is my first FFP so I'm still getting used to it, but so far I like it.
pit808
pit808
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:03 am

Yeah rajah dat on da reloading side, do you reload for it? what grain bullet if you dont mind my asking? what components you using?

Not to mention the accuracy potential of the 308 as well along with light recoil and you got a winner. I like most of its children as well the 308 is the parent case for a host of other very good cartridges. Congrats Nice rilfe!

What 338 were you thinking of getting if you dont mind me asking?

Aloha!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  pit808 Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:59 am

I'm gonna use 168 nosler custom competitions and 168 SMK's and load a charge ladder around 41.5gr H4895 in mostly lake city once fired mil brass and CCI stardard large rifle primers. Once I find a winner, I'll work up a varget load.
As far as the 338, I would LLLOOOOVVVVEEEEE to have a 98 bravo from barret in 338 lapua mag. Problem is I can never save enough money to buy those exotics cuz I end up spending it on all the other guns and stuff I come across first Very Happy
pit808
pit808
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:51 pm

So you thinking more of a target use for it. Good on you if you have those powders they're like gold right now. They're hard to find but it seems components are getting a little easier to comeby except small rifle magnum primers.

Goodluck with your load development I just got done working up some loads for the 308 Tactical so we see how those do.

Aloha!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:00 pm

98 Bravo eh right on. The 338 caliber is one of my fave's the Lapua is a good cartridge using great brass but a little pricey for some. Good Choice of cartridge though.

I know what you mean about trying to save enough money. Very hard to do especially when we start looking at all the eye candy. Have a good one.

ALOHA!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Empty FOR KOA BOA

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 am

Mahaloz again bradda Muns. Fits great and works like a charm. My six year old son can't wait to get his grubby little hands on it! I tell him "when u ready boy, maybe" LOL!! Very Happy
Weatherby Vangard SUB-MOA in .270 win w/Leupold VARI-SOMETHING Boone & Crocket reticle yada yada yada. Eh, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOUR OHANA! ALOHAZ - MAUKAKANE1
Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 100_1570
278 yd shot up da big white mountain
Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 100_1529
225 yd shot from da roof of da truck. Must have stepped in some dog *$#@! that morning!! Very Happy
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Howzit My Bradda,

Right on eh, thats some nice animals and some beautiful shots my bradda solid. Cherry rifle glad you like it, well hope to visit you someday my bradda. Happy and Safe hunting to you!

Aloha Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Empty my new stick!

Post  Jedi8541 Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:26 am

I just got this thing put together.
Remington 700 Action Short action .223
Broughton Barrel , 20 inches 1:8 twist
Jewell trigger set at a clean 28 oz. to break at
HS Precision stock, bedded, and free floated barrel channel
Badger 20 moa base, Burris extreme tactical rings
Millet TRS 1 Mil-Dot scope 4x16x50

[img]Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Rifle173[/img]
Jedi8541
Jedi8541
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Empty my out the door stick

Post  Jedi8541 Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:36 am

Remington 700 action , trued and lapped bolt lugs .308
rock 5R barrel 25 inches
HS Precision Stock
Nightforce, rings , bases
Nightforce 5.5x22.50 NXS scope
Shilen trigger set at 30 oz.
lead added to stock for weight and balance
Badger bolt knob[img]Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Riflephoto[/img]

Cal
Jedi8541
Jedi8541
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:40 am

Very nice rifles Jedi8541!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:11 am

I'm trying to decide this very minute on either a TC Venture, or a Savage, both 30-06. HELP!! I really like the feel of the TC.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Empty TC or Savage

Post  Jedi8541 Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:50 am

UPfront, what are your plans for the rifle just hunting or maybe longrange, benchrest or tactical?

If it is just for hunting, you cant go wrong with the TC, But if its a rifle that you plan to customize the Savage is the way to go. The new Savages with the AccuTrigger are hard to beat for a out of the box dead nuts accurate rifle.

Also the TC venture if I am not mistaking is a 5R rifling barrel which will increase accuracy, reduce barrel fouling and repeated tight groups and easier cleaning. I also think they promise 1 MOA accuracy at 100 yds.

just my $0.02

Cal
Jedi8541
Jedi8541
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:07 am

I want it for hunting as well as range use, I"m sure I will want to do a little custom work to it as well cuz I always gotta tinker with stuff. I am also looking at the Weatherby Vanguard. $400 bucks right now. The Savages are about $450.00
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Savage

Post  Jedi8541 Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:14 am

If your a tinkerer, the savage would be the way to go. Especially if you have a gunsmith do anything to it. I am not saying that the Weatherby isnt a good rifle but a lot of gunsmith will say that a Weatherby is difficult to work with. The Savage is gunsmith friendly and in my opinion is better than the Weatherby. The Weatherby's of today arent what they were 20 years ago. For the $50 difference I would stick with the Savage.
Jedi8541
Jedi8541
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:15 am

hey Jedi, what are your thoughts on short action 308 or long 30-06? any advantages to either one as far as customizing later down the road?
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Empty actions

Post  Jedi8541 Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:31 am

If i had my choice I would build all of my actions off of long actions. For example if I had a .308 built on a long action and decided later to go to a .284 all it would take is a new barrel chambered for .284.
versus a short action you are limited to only short action rounds. I have a 7 WSM in a long action that I built off of a 7mm RemMag long action. I have no problems at all with that. I do that so when I shoot a barrel out I have a trued action already and just need a new barrel headspaced to the particular caliber.

These are just my thoughts from when i wanted different calibers and didnt have the actions or the money for a new rifle. At least I have somewhere to begin now.
Jedi8541
Jedi8541
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 am

Well I did it, I pulled the trigger lol! I just got back from the store. I am the proud new owner of a Savage firearm. I got the 111 in 30-06. Stoked, can't wait to fire it.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:48 am

Hey Jedi,

Nice rifles and great components, Did Jered put them together for you? I seen the shirt so had to ask.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:51 am

Dave,

Congrats on your new rifle keep us posted on how she works out!

Cal is right about the Savage its a DIY dream.

Goodluck with your rifle and be sure to post up some pics.

Aloha!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Patriot Arms

Post  Jedi8541 Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Hey KOA, yes Jered put it together for me. I have the privilege of living on 5 minutes from him. It is now called American Precision Arms. My home is in Georgia and during my off time I go and hang around his shop for hours. When I have a rifle built I am usually there to watch the process. The guys at American Precision Arms are some of the best gunsmiths in the country. Jered's quality control is second to none. He is very picky about what leaves his shop. One good thing about his shop is when you call and want to talk to Jered he is there and spend as much time as you need with him. I have as of yet found another company where you can call and talk to the owner like that. If he is there he will talk to you. I am having a 375 CheyTac built there right now. I cant wait to go home and get it. Check out there website at www.americanprecisionarms.com

Cal
Jedi8541
Jedi8541
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Hey Jedi,

I totally agree! Jered is awesome to deal with talked with him before very great guy and yes I knew they changed there name to American Precision Arms saw it on the hide when he announced it. Its awesome that you live so close to him if it were me he'd have to kick me out Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Icon_lol and no doubt he does 2nd to none work I have a few from him and they shoot lights out. I have several wildcats and some std cal's from him and they all are top notch. The Chey-Tac is an awesome round I know that bullet selection/availability had been an issue so I went with a 338 instead but I set it up to be a switch barrel and will get a 375 when things become more available but the barrel cost is well over a $1,000 so I gotta work OT Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Icon_mad . Mine is a wildcat though not a straight Chey-Tac. Cant wait to see her when you get her congrats on an awesome rig.

Aloha!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:15 pm

Hey Guys, tell me about bi-pods. Do you guys use them for range/hunting or is gunrest/bags a better way to go. What kind of bi-pod would be a good fit for my Savage 111? Thanks.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Lets see it!!!!! - Page 4 Empty congratulations!

Post  Jedi8541 Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Congratulations on your new Savage. I am sure you will enjoy it, and also for exercising your 2nd Amendment rights. I use Harris BiPods. There are others out there and I have used a few of them and after a few uses decided that I should have bought a new Harris. They have the best features and work the best for me. The model I use is a BR model that adjust from 6-9 inches and swivels. I installed a PodLoc , that locks the swivel action easily by use of a lever. There other are models that are longer, used for hunting.

Harris arent the cheapest but they are not the most expensive, they are just the most versatile that I have come across. Also it depends on the application you plan to use it for. Check out this link to Harris.

http://www.harrisbipods.com/

Good Shooting,
Cal
Jedi8541
Jedi8541
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:22 pm

Cool, thanks Cal.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next