Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

taking care of pups

+3
CAVE CANEM
shrek
huntachad
7 posters

Go down

taking care of pups Empty taking care of pups

Post  huntachad Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Anyone out there got any advice on taking care of a bitch and her puppies. For example: any special food for the bitch, what to feed the pups when they start eating on their own, types of shots or wormers to give the pups, etc. Bred my bull to a ridgeback cross and she should give birth any day now. First time for me to breed and went to great lenghts for this breeding. Don't want anything to happen to the pups or the bitch. Any kind of advice would be appreciated. Aloha - Chad

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

taking care of pups Empty pups

Post  shrek Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Call me up brah, can help little bit. Don't know everything, but can help with some advise. My number is 960-1726 my name is Mark. Shoots!

shrek
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

taking care of pups Empty Re: taking care of pups

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:30 pm

CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:57 am

Make sure you make a whelping box for the mom to give birth in and make sure get bumpers about 5"-6" high all around so she don't smash the newborn pups when she's feeding them. Also make sure you feed the mom plenty food while she is nursing cause she going pull down plenty weight from the pups nursing on her. You also need to deworm the mom and your pups. You can deworm your pups once every 2 weeks after they're born till eight weeks but depends on how they look, i sometimes deworm my pups once a week. When the pups can start eating, i give them dog/puppy food mixed with water until they can crunch the dry dog food then i give'um dry food 2-3x a day. If i get, i sometimes feed them raw hamburger too. Oh, and no forget to give the pups all the scheduled vaccination shots.
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks for all your inputs. Sent all of you a pm. Thanks again info was really helpful.

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannonChun Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:03 pm

A chad you can just give all the pups 2 me and jon we going take good care of um Very Happy Very Happy
ShannonChun
ShannonChun
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel_Peterson Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Did Loli pop yet? oh and btw I lost Your babies daddy in the mountain again. so hopefully he turns up again by my shirt. my truck is down so we'll see
Daniel_Peterson
Daniel_Peterson
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:10 am

Daniel I hope Lole's pups no turn into milas like him!!! I don't think so, cuz his son and daughter I get from Cabana not milas and they my main hammas right now!!! So get chance. Let you know when she drop.
Shannon you funny!!!! Jon getting hard time for even take care of his pups!!! lol... Bumbye I'll go over there and show him how!!! Nah but I hope they make it all okay. (At least my I know my ridgebacks going be better than his ridgebacks!!!) And you can quote me on that!!! lol!!!
WHAT JON I KNOW YOU GET SOMETHING FOR SAY!!! ALOHA MY BRUDDAH!!!! LOL....

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

taking care of pups Empty yea rite

Post  hunta_808 Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:04 am

yea right say what ever u like say hahahaha yup i like the gray ridge back if get cheers cheers cheers
hunta_808
hunta_808
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down