Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE: Henry Haina

+23
JYD
Misadventure Gear
Admin
shrek
HPD.
Do Not Trespass
bakeplus34pu
Babooze
branz95
moosehead
ollie
ROOKIE
HOG WILD
Shane M.
Nic Barca
BIG G
trackandgrab
evan
calvin
noneyobusiness
HYPA
UpFront
zelda
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

RE: Henry Haina Empty RE: Henry Haina

Post  zelda Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:27 pm

Mr. Upfront,

Perhaps you missed the entries by HYPA, where HE say's "If someone wants to get to the mountain through my land, there is NOTHING can do"

Or

"Why cant Hunters Hunt on my Land ?"

Obviously you are one of the few who respect others peoples property, Maybe this might help your forum friends to understand my point .........My family's sport is fishing, we would NEVER think of cutting through someone's yard to get to the beach and We would never ask to cut through someones yard, we would simply drive down to a legal entry point and work our way down to the spot where we like to fish, it's far to walk with heavy buckets, poles and coolers, but we tough it out.

Which is why I am glad Mr. Haina's accusations have come to the forefront because I want the public to know what is happening to land owners like myself!

I want the public to know about Pigs that is being stolen from farms and schools, by poachers ( Ps. I know that many legit. Hunters were cheated too ) and it's all being swept under the table

I want the public to know that we are in need of serious law enforcement to control the trespassing, poaching and theft going on.

I would hope that ALL HONEST HUNTERS will join me in weeding out the cancer that has crept into the sport of pig hunting and stop those that are giving the Hunters a bad name

zelda
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina Empty Re: RE: Henry Haina

Post  UpFront Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 pm

Ok, this is getting better, we seem to be reaching a common ground. There is no need to make both sides look bad by bashing each other. I agree there is some "bad apples" out there and laws need to be enforced, but I think the main issue remains... the tactics used by Mr. Haina.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:37 am

Zelda now thats how to say it that is how all of us here on this board feel, you couldnt have put it in better words,......thank you.

Also i hope you knew that i did mean poachers when i made that statement about them going through your property. its kinda like a theif, he (or she) is gonna steel no matter what its just how far will they go to do it.

Im surethat every body here ( if you wanted it ) could help you curb the tresspassing on your property and they dont have to hunt to do it but maybe if you talk to someone here on the web site they might know who it is and maybe they can tell them to stay away.

I personally have helped ranchers keep people off their ranches and have never asked to hunt them myself..my pack I cant trust around livestock so I know not to hunt near any places that may be holding livestock. But i helped these ranchers because I know how much of a bad outlook we have in the publics eye........I dont want my kids to grow up and not be able to hunt so I try whenever I can to help portray the right image

I really dont think that henerys busting of poachers is the problem its the manner in which he caries himself and reacts to situations that have fault
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  zelda Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:38 pm

UpFront wrote:Ok, this is getting better, we seem to be reaching a common ground. There is no need to make both sides look bad by bashing each other. I agree there is some "bad apples" out there and laws need to be enforced, but I think the main issue remains... the tactics used by Mr. Haina.

I have to ask........ when you say tactics used by Mr. Haina, I have heard a few complaints about him, HOWEVER, You should know that most land owners see him as a good guy.

and so I have to wonder are the Complainers, guy's who just want to get rid of Him because He is the only person out there doing his job?

Let me give you an example ............... I know of someone who would always complain about one particular police officer in Kailua, They would say that this officer would always harass them.............the complainer was participating in robbing homes in the Kailua area .................. They were finally caught robbing homes by this officer............ the thief decided to put in a complaint about the officer, saying He "abused" Him. This was a lie, but this lie made the officers life a hell !!!

Where is the Justice?????

I also happen to know one of the complaints about Mr. Haina is from a #^$*%$^#($()#)@ who has made a sport of stealing pigs from people and entering them in tournaments, to cheat Hunters of their prize.

So...........................I feel that this situation w/ Mr. Haina will bring attention to the plight of the land owners to Push DLNR and our legislators for...............

1. tighter regulations for hunters
2. more law enforcement, in problem areas
3. stricter penalties, and fines for violators
4. mandate jail terms for repeat offenders
5. taking the dogs of repeat offenders

zelda
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:36 am

Well ......if thats the case then i think the you would see the same people over and over complaining....but in this predicament you have fisherman and other groups I mean even the sierra club too!!...lol....so i think that if all these peoples have around the similar complaint I think it would be hard to get all the stories straight to come up with a conspiracy to attack haina and not look intentional.

I feel that maybe he has had issues with poachers in the past and we all know... who ,,and that has made him prejaduce towards hunters....then these same hunters were also fisherman and so on so maybe he just said to hell with it im gonna just blast em all and not give anyone chances...

Then again maybe he is just not a nice guy and feels like hes the man.....and because he can beneifit from knowing land owners(places to hunt,animals,any thing affiliated to ranch life that he might need later on) this is why he treets them different. this is my opinon. if its wrong then it woulldnt be the first Rolling Eyes

all in all the other game wardens on the force are good people they are fair and honest and beilieve that the punishment should fit the crime.
Hell i played ball with some of these wardens and are freinds with some and i can tell you that even them........think.......that he needs to ezup a little as so not to bring down the pressure on them
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  noneyobusiness Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:52 am

Zelda,

I agree there are bad apples in every bunch and the hunters know who they are and should unite to weed them out instead of the officers that are trying to help the landowners. Only if more could understand that side like you.

noneyobusiness
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina Empty Ranchers taking matters into their own hands

Post  zelda Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:07 pm

I want the forum readers to know what happened this weekend.................

My husband and I recently purchased 10 acres on the Big Island, in the Volcano area, We were told to secure the pins that mark out our new property, so we decided to walk the land and set the stakes ourselves, we had been walking about 1/2 hour when 2 men and a boy approached us, they were carrying rifles, they asked us what we were doing and we nervously told them......................they explained to us that they have to constantly "patrol" their land, because they're worried about trespassers, hunters, squatters and chronics, ......I asked them where is the rangers? They said that it would take more then an hour for anyone to come on a 911 call so they have to take the law into their own hands.

He then told me
They shoot dogs on sight .........................
They post signs that say trespassers will be shot ....................so that they have a legal right to threaten them

I have to wonder is that what Oahu ranchers have to do?

The game wardens then would be the least of your problems, Can you imagine land owners pointing a gun in your face, killing your dogs and filing formal complaints against YOU with HPD --------Hmmm Mr Haina is looking better and better

zelda
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina Empty stop the story telling

Post  calvin Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:10 pm

zelda,

I am in law inforcement, I am an armed sentury for Pearl Harbor and work with DOD(federal police).
I am trained and certified for use of firearm and deadly force.
I know when to use or not or even draw a weapon.
I am also one of the law abiding hunters that was wrongfully harrassed by Henry Haina.

Having introduced myself, lets get back to your last subject.
If you want to believe those land owners then see what happens when you shoot somebody, tresspasser or not.

Enough with this intimidation story telling, If you have tresspassers then by all means call the police.
Don't start bashing away at us LAW ABIDING HUNTERS.

calvin
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:55 pm

Zelda whatever you do dont follow their advise, the state of hawaii dosnt have a protection of property and livestaock law like in the state of Texas for example. Their law states that if an intruder or rustler is caught on private land "stealing property or live staock then that land owner has a right to defend them with deadlty force...(Land owners use this law to take matters in their own hand when settling disputes with "coyotes" (people who smuggle illegal alliens into the United States across theborder of Mexico).....this law has been around since the state became a state.

Now Hawaii dosnt have that type of law and it wil never pass in a small state like this,Zelda if you shoot a person on your property even if he is in the wrong and you are not self defending yourself ( which has to be proven in a court of law) you will be charged with murder.

If a dog can be proven that it was killing live stock (which it would take more than one and it does happen) you will have to answer to civil suit to the humanity of killing that dog. Remember that hawaii just passed a law that the killing of "PETS" is a federal offence...(also the killing of livestocks as well)

Now the big? what do you do?......If you come across squatters on your land or poachers or hell since you live in the big island you would probably see Growers also......if your by yourself dont engage them cuz what your freind said was right...Its takes a long time for law enforcement to ansewer calls and that could work against you......take as much info as you can and opicture if you can also ,then go through the authorities...

So i would still saythat in response to your last quote"mr haiana is looking better and better " that your opinion is wrong but its still your opinion.

Last edited by HYPA on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  evan Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:09 am

when i was in high school this redneck transplant kid had a pen of pigs. One day another kid I knew was hunting nearby and his dogs got into the pen and were stretching his pigs. He took his 10/22 out and dropped 5 dogs in 5 shots. Afterwards he proceeded to get his face beaten to an unrecognizable state by the dog owner. Kauai wild west style justice. The kid that shot the dogs was taken to court and had to defend his innocence. Careful what you do on your own property.

First thing I thought when I read the thread was that they're growers. Get so many growers in Volcano area I was scared to go hunting there when I lived in Hilo. Those guys'll shoot you so fast if they catch you in their patch.
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:17 am

yea bouret i hunted alot in the kau district and same thing.....some of those guys have communities out their
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  evan Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:25 am

Puna side has full on communities living in the bush and growing biiiiig crops. Dangerous to hike around out there.
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  zelda Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:50 am

I don't intend on shooting someone........ YET hee hee

My husband and I live on Oahu and had only recently bought the land on the Big Island because land there is still fairly inexpensive. ( Bad Move )
The people we came across were NOT LOCAL ( they looked like druggies and were already drunk at 9:30 in the morning, my new neighbors )

I just wanted all to know we live in dangerous times, and WE cannot trust anyone

I also thought you should know that more and more of my neighbors on Oahu are arming themselves to protect themselves and their property. Shocked

zelda
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  zelda Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:10 am

calvin wrote:zelda,

I am in law inforcement, I am an armed sentury for Pearl Harbor and work with DOD(federal police).
I am trained and certified for use of firearm and deadly force.
I know when to use or not or even draw a weapon.
I am also one of the law abiding hunters that was wrongfully harrassed by Henry Haina.

Having introduced myself, lets get back to your last subject.
If you want to believe those land owners then see what happens when you shoot somebody, tresspasser or not.

Enough with this intimidation story telling, If you have tresspassers then by all means call the police.
Don't start bashing away at us LAW ABIDING HUNTERS.

Your not from here are u ?

The Big Island in place is the wild west in the Puna area there are more in more ice labs then you would ever want to know about, In some places, You and Your Neighbors Make the law, I could tell you some stories about places near Hana,Maui THE LAW DONT MEAN &($&#

zelda
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina Empty haina

Post  trackandgrab Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:59 am

send haina go work over there! problem solved!

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.dantonnaone.com

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina Empty nuff already

Post  calvin Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:46 am

LOL

Guys turns out we're dealing with a female.

Nothing against women, But how many of of acutual win fights with your wife.

Zelda just curious, you not part podagee are you? lol

For all us guys, pau with this subject already.

dis stuff not going get solved on the computer, lets get back to our HUNTING FORUM.

Lets talk about something else already. Dogs for example any body get new litters or

new bloodlines for sale?

As for you zelda, I was born and raised Hawaiian. Ain't nothing you can do about that.

Us Hunters goining Hunt. So to Bad.

calvin
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina Empty NICE CALL CALVIN

Post  BIG G Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:45 am

I AGREE SHE GAVE IT AWAY ONCE SHE SAID BEING ALONE WITH KIDS affraid . THATS WHY SHE BACK THE GUY UP SO MUCH AND TALK BAD ABOUT US HUNTERS MEAN.

BIG G
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:13 am

Sorry for ticking you off with my first post. Don't follow those guys advice. Follow HYPA's.

Didn't know you were in Puna, was expecting you to be on Oahu for some reason. Puna is nutz- strait up outlaw territory and most landowner who I met in my limited time around there grew pot, others had it grown in and around their property by whomevers, and a relatively high amount of people are obviously tweeking on worse things (the vast majority are law abiding citizens, of course). Puna has a reputation for squatters and weirdos and it's understandable how people react to the situation.

But yeah, don't follow those other guy as advice. If somebody were to shoot another person in Hawaii, they ARE getting charged with attempted murder or worse. If somebody fired a gun at you and was runnign away and you fired at and killed that person, you would not get away with it in self defence even if he still had a gun in his hand because he was no longer an emediate threat. The laws are very strict here on leathal defence. It has to really be legit. And there are no rights to defend property. The shooting dogs part... well, that has its pros and cons. I wouldn't shoot a dog unless it was in the act of attacking my livestock, though I probably couldn't shoot a dog, period.

You could always look into getting one of those trail/game cameras, the kind hunters use to scout. Set it up on a trail or boundary or path and use it to monitor who is tresspassing and catch them on film in the act. Best to get one without a flash, perhaps even infrared if they are tresspassing at night and hide it good because people will try to steal it if they spot it. I'm sure that would help a lot if you have trespassers. Would also be an excellent way of monitoring your property for whatever...

I think this is a good topic. cheers ...just wish it hadn't gotten split into two.

Last edited by Nic Barca on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor stuff)
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina Empty this is to much

Post  calvin Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:43 am

First we're tresspassin poachers, Now we're Drug dealers???

lol! lol! lol! lol!

This Is To Much

Last edited by calvin on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

calvin
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:29 pm

calvin wrote:First we're tresspassin poachers, Now we're Drug dealers???

lol! lol! lol! lol!

This Is To Much

Go move hawaii kai, you probly fit right in lol!
Ho cuz, c'mon now, no need bash Hawaii Kai. No
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina Empty nah nah

Post  calvin Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:59 pm

not bashing hawaii kai

I used to stay with family down dea, quiet nieghborhood Laughing

calvin
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  zelda Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:14 pm

calvin wrote:LOL

Guys turns out we're dealing with a female.

Nothing against women, But how many of of acutual win fights with your wife.

Zelda just curious, you not part podagee are you? lol

For all us guys, pau with this subject already.

dis stuff not going get solved on the computer, lets get back to our HUNTING FORUM.

Lets talk about something else already. Dogs for example any body get new litters or

new bloodlines for sale?

As for you zelda, I was born and raised Hawaiian. Ain't nothing you can do about that.

Us Hunters goining Hunt. So to Bad.

Things are going to change that will affect weather you can hunt or not ............

This is not a men/ woman issue this is a issue of having the right to privacy. I would hope that you can pick up what i'm putting down

1. I am also a hawaiian 1/2 the other 1/2 not
2. I live on Oahu, and have farm land, this is where all the trespassing takes place
3. We bought land in the Volcano area, ( people there dont put up with trespassing of any kind
4.We would like this matter to be resolved, one way or another. so here are some options

a. Do we take matters into our own hands, and shoot dogs on sight, that are on our property?

b. Do we act like people in Puna and flatten tires and smash windshields of hunters on their property?
Just like it's hard for us to prove anything, try proving who smashed your stuff

c. Do we pressure our District Representatives to put strict laws on hunting, like only allowing game
wardens to eradicate pigs or only allowing hunting that is organized and monitored on specific days?

d. Do we leave it in the care of Mr. Haina and ask him to tone it down? Hunters are trying to get him fired
so that closes that avenue

What would you do?

Remember that we live in the 21st century, we live in dangerous times, and any Man that say's that He would be OK knowing that His wife and kids are home and all kine guys come through your property with guns, knives and crossbows, He would be......
1. a liar
2. no man

zelda
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina Empty Relax

Post  calvin Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:41 pm

you're right we do live in dangerous times. I deal with potential terrorist everyday.

But to tell you the truth you're on the wrong forum.

Try poachers.com instead. Or maybe even herb4lyfe.com

You might get better results

calvin
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:54 pm

Zelda... "Things are going to change that will affect weather you can hunt or not .........." lol!
did you seriously just write that? you have no idea what you are talking about. Do you know how much $$$$$$$$$$ the government gets from hunters that ends up coming back in the form of a fund for the state of Hawaii?
My advice to you is stop the bashing and try to get on the good side of some honest hunters who can help you with your problem. that will help both sides of this and it's a way more positive approach.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  evan Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:28 pm

the gov't also saves millions of dollars by letting the citizens go out and control wild game numbers as opposed to paying proffesional hunters
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next