Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kind of telemetry system do you run? whats your range?

+3
Koa Boa
NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin
lockaz
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What kind of telemetry system do you run? whats your range? Empty What kind of telemetry system do you run? whats your range?

Post  lockaz Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:25 pm

Whats up huntahs, i have the maxima tracker right now, upgraded to the 5000 so that i can hold all the different frequencies. But Im shopping around thinking of trying something new. So i figure to ask the huntahs of hawaii for a little bit of advise. We all have our preferences but what Im looking for is the best possible range in our mountains. I've looked at the quick track, marshal, wild life and tracker.

So what kind of system do you/partner run?
with what kinds of collars?
what is your estimated range?
what kind of mountain do you normally hunt? (example) over ridges, valeys, dense forest, open land, ect..

lockaz
lockaz
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

What kind of telemetry system do you run? whats your range? Empty Re: What kind of telemetry system do you run? whats your range?

Post  NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:34 pm

hahaha DONT GO GARMIN, if your looking for range. cuts out choke if you have a long range dog and thay go over a hill. im still looking for an upgrade too.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

What kind of telemetry system do you run? whats your range? Empty Re: What kind of telemetry system do you run? whats your range?

Post  NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:38 pm

anyone try the tracker classic? need atleast 2 mile range in forest. "garmin dont cut it"
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:29 am

Tinyloc system would be good for you my bradda because you don't care about a map screen plus if u already have garmin collars you cam track their radio freq. With the tinyloc.

Hope that helps you out!!!

Alohaz, bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:08 am

How's da range of da tiny loc? Have u ever tried it?
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  jjtonks Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:48 am

the tinyloc has a shorter range then the garmin, i wouldnt get one of them . marshall trackers are the best and they are good for long range up to 13 miles i believe. on the island ide say a mile or two when it comes to the mountains. they are the best bet if you need range and they have a new one comming out that is a gps and radio tracker in one. they are made for hounds that hunt cats and bear. so they should do the job, its expensive but better then all the rest and it runs on double a batteries so that is another plus.
jjtonks
jjtonks
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:33 am

jjtonks wrote:the tinyloc has a shorter range then the garmin, i wouldnt get one of them . marshall trackers are the best and they are good for long range up to 13 miles i believe. on the island ide say a mile or two when it comes to the mountains. they are the best bet if you need range and they have a new one comming out that is a gps and radio tracker in one. they are made for hounds that hunt cats and bear. so they should do the job, its expensive but better then all the rest and it runs on double a batteries so that is another plus.

Really? Hmmm could you enlighten me with your experience with the tinyloc and its shorter range??? I'd really like to hear it and the circumstances you encountered? Mahalo for sharing!

Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:50 am

could i run a tinyloc system and a PowerMax Long Range Collar?.?. from what i ben reading soo far it seems like tinyloc is the best "radio & gps". and thoes powermax collers look pretty action too. anybody used either yet?
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:54 am

Koa Boa wrote:
jjtonks wrote:the tinyloc has a shorter range then the garmin, i wouldnt get one of them . marshall trackers are the best and they are good for long range up to 13 miles i believe. on the island ide say a mile or two when it comes to the mountains. they are the best bet if you need range and they have a new one comming out that is a gps and radio tracker in one. they are made for hounds that hunt cats and bear. so they should do the job, its expensive but better then all the rest and it runs on double a batteries so that is another plus.

Really? Hmmm could you enlighten me with your experience with the tinyloc and its shorter range??? I'd really like to hear it and the circumstances you encountered? Mahalo for sharing!

have u tryed tinyloc? or garmin? cuz from what i read tinyloc is better then garmin! and it does have radio and gps.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  moosehead Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:10 pm

dogz wrote:Whats up huntahs, i have the maxima tracker right now, upgraded to the 5000 so that i can hold all the different frequencies. But Im shopping around thinking of trying something new. So i figure to ask the huntahs of hawaii for a little bit of advise. We all have our preferences but what Im looking for is the best possible range in our mountains. I've looked at the quick track, marshal, wild life and tracker.

what kind of mountain do you normally hunt? (example) over ridges, valeys, dense forest, open land, ect..

SUP LES...FOR ME I LIKE THE QUICK TRACK 6000 PAIRED UP WITH WILDLIFE MAGNUM COLLARS DOUBLE 3.6 LITHIUM BATTERIES FOR LONGER RANGE.IT HAS NEVER FAILED ME YET.WORKS PERFECT HERE ON OAHU.I ALSO RUN THE GARMIN TOGETHER ON MY DOGS BECAUSE OF BATTERY LIFE ON THE GARMIN I RUN DOUBLE COLLARS JUST IN CASE I LOOSE DOGS MORE THAN A DAY.
IF ANYONE WOULD KNOW ABOUT TRACKING SYSTEMS IT WOULD BE KOA BOA I BELEIVE HE TRIED UM ALL INCLUDING TINYLOC SO HE WOULD HAVE BETTER INSITE TO YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT TRACKING YOUR ANIMALS...
GOOD LUCK AND HOPE THIS HELPS..........ALOHA TED
moosehead
moosehead
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:20 pm

kona nut cutter wrote:could i run a tinyloc system and a PowerMax Long Range Collar?.?. from what i ben reading soo far it seems like tinyloc is the best "radio & gps". and thoes powermax collers look pretty action too. anybody used either yet?

KNC, yes you could
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:22 pm

kona nut cutter wrote:
Koa Boa wrote:

have u tryed tinyloc? or garmin? cuz from what i read tinyloc is better then garmin! and it does have radio and gps.

Was this directed towards me or Jeremy?

If for me then, yes I have.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:29 pm

moosehead wrote:
dogz wrote:Whats up huntahs, i have the maxima tracker right now, upgraded to the 5000 so that i can hold all the different frequencies. But Im shopping around thinking of trying something new. So i figure to ask the huntahs of hawaii for a little bit of advise. We all have our preferences but what Im looking for is the best possible range in our mountains. I've looked at the quick track, marshal, wild life and tracker.

SUP LES...FOR ME I LIKE THE QUICK TRACK 6000 PAIRED UP WITH WILDLIFE MAGNUM COLLARS DOUBLE 3.6 LITHIUM BATTERIES FOR LONGER RANGE.IT HAS NEVER FAILED ME YET.WORKS PERFECT HERE ON OAHU.I ALSO RUN THE GARMIN TOGETHER ON MY DOGS BECAUSE OF BATTERY LIFE ON THE GARMIN I RUN DOUBLE COLLARS JUST IN CASE I LOOSE DOGS MORE THAN A DAY.
IF ANYONE WOULD KNOW ABOUT TRACKING SYSTEMS IT WOULD BE KOA BOA I BELEIVE HE TRIED UM ALL INCLUDING TINYLOC SO HE WOULD HAVE BETTER INSITE TO YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT TRACKING YOUR ANIMALS...
GOOD LUCK AND HOPE THIS HELPS..........ALOHA TED

Wassup Bradda Ted,

I still use da double collar system only difference is my receiver is different. I still choose this because it
Works best for me. Take care my bradda and good hunting!!!

Alohaz,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:46 am

hows it koa boa wut recvicer do u run
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:12 am

koa96727 wrote: hows it koa boa wut recvicer do u run

Howzit Koa, For telemetry/radio I use a magnum MT-8000 Digital Receiver with wildlife magnum collars and a Marshall collapsible yagi antenna. I also use garmin DC 30 collars on my dogs as well.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:22 am

how did u like da tiny loc
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:27 am

Sorry Bradda Les, I think I misunderstood what I read before and I don't think I addressed your questions I apologize. In order to better help you I have a couple questions. What is wrong with your current system? What is it that you're looking for in your tracking system? What type of terrain do you hunt? Do you have gps collars as well?

Aloha,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:44 am

koa96727 wrote:how did u like da tiny loc

In my situation I prefer the garmin only because I like to "SEE" where my dogs are and what they are doing in real time and because I prefer having a topo map screen.

With that said, as with anything it comes down to personal preference. I can only share what I know from my personal experience I have and hope that it helps other Huntaz.

Alohaz

Bradda Muns

Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:21 am

thanks 4 all da info rite now im running garmin and i like da maps also its a huge help
i just was thinking of da tinny loc if da range is more ?
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:29 am

koa96727 wrote:thanks 4 all da info rite now im running garmin and i like da maps also its a huge help
i just was thinking of da tinny loc if da range is more ?

Yes, da tinyloc range is more than the garmin in my experience. I was able to track my garmin collars in radio mode even though they showed ? On the garmin receiver. I'm interested to hear what Jeremy has to say about its range being shorter than garmin???
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:45 am

So whth da tinyloc u can use ne type of collar
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:44 am

hows the "tracker systems" range?.?. can u run any collar with any system?
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  lockaz Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:55 am

Smile

Last edited by dogz on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
lockaz
lockaz
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HUI MA UKA_ KOA'Z Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:41 am

bradah muns how do track a garmin collar in radio mode?
HUI MA UKA_ KOA'Z
HUI MA UKA_ KOA'Z
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  jjtonks Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:05 am

sorry i havent been on here in a few days, to answer the question about the tiny loc, my buddy from idaho has the system and i am ging off of what he has told me about it. i was looking at getting the system and i never did because he told me his is not good for long range and not good for the mountains and dense cover. he uses it for it for his bear dogs and he said it just dont keep up. if i am wrong i am sorry i was just relaying the word of a good friend. dont mean to offend anyone, juust giving my piece of knowlage.
jjtonks
jjtonks
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next