Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting um

4 posters

Go down

Starting um Empty Starting um

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:17 pm

My cousin and I would take our Bear youth bow sets out in the lava fields behind the house and we would hunt butterflies, This is my first memory of "hunting"! I have a 7 year old and a 10 year old who I recently have started taking on hikes, They help with the dogs at home and my 10 year old has shot my little sisters bow a few times so they're definately interested! I was wondering how you guys have started your younger generation? We're just taking short walks every month and playing with the dogs in the yard, Any other suggestions? Any young guys got any ideas? Packing 2 of them is not an option, Unless you're asking my daughter!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Starting um Empty Re: Starting um

Post  hog killahz inc. Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:51 am

My son is 3 and i take him on easy hunts that dont require too much goin through brush, jus so he gets the feel for learning to be quiet and seeing what the dogs do. We havent gotten action when i've taken him but it'll happen then he'll get to see action. My son really enjoys being in the mountain since i've been taking him, so thats a start. If i were you i'd probably take the same approach, ease them into it and see how they like it.
Curtis
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Starting um Empty re

Post  hayn/auzzi Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:49 pm

My good friend brings his son once in a while and we go on some pretty far walks. I think the boy started going when he was about 3.

hayn/auzzi
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Wow, I'm slackin! Laughing Thanks for the responses guys! I really like the new picture Hog Killahz Inc, My nephew is 4 and loves hunting and the dogs! He came over a few nights ago with a video of him releasing a keiki with his grandpa, All big smiles! Very Happy
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hog killahz inc. Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:21 am

Thats awesome, you cant beat those grampa grandson hunts. We gotta take our kids hunt early and show them the ropes so they know right from wrong when they go into the mountain, and no one can change their minds bcuz we taught them Very Happy
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Starting um Empty start em young

Post  spoonmeet Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:14 pm

My boys and girls been going with me from the time they could walk. Maybe cause neva have sitter and I wanted to hunt. They are now 14, 10, 8 ,&6 . Had to go slow or places could road hunt at first, walk them to the bark and put em in atree so they can feel safe and see the action. by the time they 5 they stay telling u for hurry up and no need trees for them climb. give em one of your better dogs and watch thier face light up or listen when they recap thier story to mamma not the miler u lose every time or the meathead that grab and get sashimi all the time (cause they get attached). Remember though kids is like puppies u get a couple together and they going play( throw guava mango at each other,even saw them throw pig legs at each other for a few miles, or whack trees with sticks)NOW they collar up, load up even get me up for go. the 14 and 10 can both kill gut, and skin they good for check distant pockets and keep the other siblings in line. They teaching em how for be quiet, no slam the car door, how to use the wind to thier advantage.Well I would say get them in the bushes and have some fun catch or no catch the memories u have will be priceless***Mahoe

spoonmeet
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down