Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Island Video News - Hunters

+14
moosehead
R.B.
Koa Boa
dogleader6
HYPA
braddah mike
Misadventure Gear
shrek
Nic Barca
hunters6262
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
ROUGH N' READY
CAVE CANEM
KVB
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Island Video News - Hunters

Post  BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:11 pm

bounce bounce bounce HOALE, DAS WHAT YOU ARE, I SAID IT .AN THEY LIKE LIP WITH DA PEOPLE WHO SPEAK WELL:lol: .WHAT JUST SAY YOU WERE COMMENTING BACK AT ME:twisted: .BRAH R.B ,MISADVENTURE,NIC clown YOU ALL SOUND AND SPEAK LIKE DA WHITE MAN.BE A MAN GROW SOME BALLS AN PICK A SIDE EITHER YOU WITH US OR YOU AGAINTS US DATS DA BOTTOM LINE .I TIRED OF THESE GAMES THE DLNR AN ALL DIS ADA PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY GOING DO DIS N DAT AN AT THE END SCREW EVERYTHING UP FOR DA PEOPLE WHO WAS HERE FIRST AND STILL GETTING DISRESPECTED FOR ALL THERE HARD LABOR WORKING DA AINA FROM DA START OF OUR PEOPLE BEING DISCOVERED.BY DA SO CALLED CIVILIZED PEOPLE DA HOALE. AN ITS NOT NAME CALLING ITS WHAT YOU ARE.DATS ALL FOR NOW BE BACK LADA IF NEED TOO.Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ........MY NAME CALFREY STANTON FEEL FREELY TO COMMENT BACK !!!
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Island Video News - Hunters

Post  Misadventure Gear Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Blue Mountain Traila, I hear your anger and frustration, and now I would like to hear your productive ideas on what should be done. You tell me to gets some balls and pick a side, but you don't seem to realize that you, and I, and VBK, and Nic, and Joe, and RB, and Koa, Braddah Mike and more----everyone of us ARE on the same side. We are all pro-hunters, and we all care about the 'Aina. We may disagree slightly on what should be done, but we are not enemies. If you feel like my comments was aimed at you along with others, then yes, they were. As the old saying goes, if the shoe fits, wear it. I can speak and write well, and bumbye, can also talk Pidgen all da day long. Thats not the point. Put aside your anger or use it to motivate yourself in finding a solution that everyone can agree on. But just being angry ain't gonna get you nowhere. Help us find some consensus....help us bridge the gaps so we can have a united front. Only by being united are we gonna succeed.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  braddah mike Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:32 pm

well,what about the people who use that mountain or any other mountain?weather you folks like it or not the mountains is their natural habitat also.compromising would be giving up our rights.then whats next more compromising for more mountain?i dont believe in compromising with people who like kick (people) out of the mountain they need to use for their lively hood.for what?some one please tell me the real reason and not some fricken propagnda crap.you guys think we stoopid enough to believe the crap they say?come on we not dumb we know whats right and what is wrong.taking land away from the people?there is no good reason for this.kill the forest for put one dam fence dont make any sence to me neither.in this case only brainwashed people would compromise.
braddah mike
braddah mike
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 2 Empty LAND GRABBING!!!!!

Post  shrek Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:16 am

Wassup Hunters! I just talked to a close friend of mine who works on the "inside". He is a long time hunter and a very respectable man with alot of knowledge!!! I asked him to explain it all to me tonight, being that he has worked closely with this group of "ENVIRONMENTALISTS". His first words to me was, "it's all about LAND GRABBING!!!!! The environmentalist want to eventually take it all away and fence it in! They're starting with these areas, and will start working on more. The alala, water shed, native plants, etc. is just a smoke screen to grab more land! He said that after the kau meeting these guys were kind of taken back by all the testimonies that was given that day, but by Sunday, was back on track with their plan. I spoke at the kau meeting and I specifically told them that we were talking to a stone wall with all our testimonies, and that is exactly what happened. So misadventure gear, nic barca and whoever else that is talking about this "solution", about working together for a happy medium! How can there be a happy medium when their plan is to eventually grab all our land and turn our forests into one big fenced off area!!!! The most important people that is going to lose in this stupidity is our children. If we start losing it now, our children are F#%KED!!! Excuse my french! Shocked .

shrek
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:35 am

Well my bradda's I tried replying twice today on this thread and both times got timed out bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im too frustrated at this point LOL! So gonna try again later on or tomorrow. Hmmmmm maybe DLNR is moderating my replies Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect lol! lol! lol!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 2 Empty LAW SUIT

Post  hunters6262 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:37 am

Just think we get over 1200 hundred hits on this topic ,imagine if each hit donated $20 dollars each to the hunting law suit.Bottom line we need donations guys to protect our lands talk alone not cutting it.

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:09 am

That's a good point. We can talk this into the ground, but at some point we need to put our money where our mouth is. I just went and got a money order at the post office today and am sending it to the PELE DEFENSE FUND.

Send your contributions/donations/investment in the future of hunting in Hawai'i - To:

Pele Defense Fund
P.O. Box 4969
Hilo, Hawai'i 96720

Specify on your check or money order: PDF (Hunters)

"Don't wait or hesitate, before you know it, it might be too late. Just Do It!!!"

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Yes that is true and I'll be sending in $$$ today as well. With that said I feel we should talk this into the ground and leave no doubt. Yeah bradda Joe I feel you my bradda same story with the testifying choke hits and barely any testimony. Sometimes I like say screw it too **** these clown wannabe Huntaz too. Why fight for them scrubz dey remind me of these "entities" all dey know is take,take,take me,me,me. Too many only think of themselves and wea dey hunt n screw everybody else. And when da "entities" come to take their grounds they da first ones asking fo help. Ahhh C'Mon wake up! Like was stated earlier Any attack on hunting, hunting grounds etc. Should be taken seriously by all Huntaz from hilo to hanalei and we should all come together and be ONE UNITED FRONT!!

That's why I hardly on these sites anymore disgusting

But in da end I fight because of my keikis and others like them who deserve the opportunity to hunt.

ALOHA!!!

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  moosehead Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:34 pm

EH MUNS WELL SAID............
moosehead
moosehead
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  **BRADDAH TOMZ** Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:23 pm

MY $$$$$$ & EMAIL IS SENT!!!!

©HUNTAZ UNITED NOT DIVIDED**BRADDAH TOMZ**
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 2 Empty $$$$$

Post  shrek Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Right on guys keep um coming!! We in dis together!!!

shrek
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 2 Empty Law Suit

Post  hunters6262 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 pm

I went back n I looked at the comments written after the big island video was released ,hard to believe people on there are saying the law suit is a scam . I sit in meetings once or twice a week with terry n pali n on the phone daily going over law suit strategy . Pali n terry work on it day n night n go to hearings after hearings do protest n make food for people n NEVER ASK FOR A DIME. They flew Honolulu this week all comes out of there pocket . I ,me ,Joe Griffiths want them to use our money to pay for there expense FOR US HUNTERS , USERS OF THE FOREST n they refuse because that is who they are, they in this because they love there people n love honest good people of all races ,not just Hawaiians . I , me Joe Griffiths see this first hand every time on every time I with them . Anybody know how expensive to fly to Honolulu ?Pali has gone three times already n stayed a week in Honolulu one of those times n all out of pocket before one dime came from hunters law suit . So when I read those comments I calmed down n thought about it , it's just the enemy trying to divide us again n make us wonder n go away. A lot of the people in Kau don't know as we know what's the end result for there land there. But if they lose it they going to find out just like the rest of us did n having more taken daily. Comment to the people saying they sent money in right the f***ck on ,but I wrote for each person who is standing in the middle of the fence to check there own conscious mind n heart not to the people who are standing up , because you know who you are, this for on the fence people, it's your choice live with it . But you have to live with it knowing you didn't try n when the kids got nothing left but photos n videos it's on you. Joe

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:50 am

Aloha,

My name is Munsta Souza a Natural Resource Fencer by trade a hunter by birth. I would like to give a little background about who I am and what I do. I was born and raised on the east side of the island of Oahu in a small place called Kahalu’u. I and my siblings were brought up living off the land hunting,diving,fishing and growing fruits and vegetables to eat. We would trade with other families for things and thats how it was simple lovely living still wish it was so.

Anyway, I grew up hunting the Ko’olau Summit it was my father’s favorite spot. As he got older he asked me if I could promise him to show his grandkids the places he showed me. I did as he asked as the summit was always special to me because of the times shared with just my father and I. Fast forward some years, I got a job working for a Natural Resource Program I was very excited because I love the land. It has cared for me and I for it since I can remember and I was glad for the opportunity that I had. Soon thereafter the area I and my dad spoke about on the summit was fenced and I had a hand in it. I cried because I knew then and there that I couldnt keep my promise to my father. I had made a compromise to save the native habitat knowing full well that I would never again hunt these grounds with or without my children.

When I got my job I was excited like I mentioned earlier and couldnt wait to tell my family and friends what I did. It was met with mixed reviews, on one hand it was supported because I would be caring for the land and on the other hand I would be the person responsible building these fences in the mountains. Needless to say Ive lost very good friends and dont speak to some family much because of what I do. I’d say ive compromised my personal life and relationships with close friends and family that till this day it hurts me inside. I hope one day we can both understand each other. My point I guess im making is that when I speak I speak from experience not of what someone told me or assured me of. I could go on for days about the lies and deceit ive encountered in my years of service working with most private,state,govt entities etc whatever you wanna call them regarding making compromises etc.

In the beginning I tried working with them as I mentioned earlier making compromise after compromise yet getting nothing in return which was promised to us. Ive been in the field 11 going on 12 years. Ive been a full time fencer for 6 years and fencing off and on for all my time. I have built ungulate fences like the one being proposed in Ka’u on 5 of the 6 major islands in varying sizes including the big island. Before going full time on the fence crew I was a natural resource technician. My job as a natural resource tech. included but not limited too rare/endangered plant monitoring and outplanting, Invasive weed removal, ungulate removal and monitoring, making and collecting data from transects, plots, mapping, rare plant survey’s etc. In my time ive worked with most if not all entities from every island. What im trying to say here is ive been doing it a while now and I know what im talking about its not just something I overheard etc. its something I live each and everyday. Last year our crew spent 8 months straight out of 12 camping in the remote areas of our state building ungulate fences.

Through the years ive seen the compromises made by the hunters and other users of the forest and been told first hand the lies by the entities whom choose to fence off areas. I also know for a fact that the state cant even manage a 100 acre fence here on Oahu that you drive on a paved road to in 20 min. Tell me people of Ka’u how will they manage a 12,000 acre parcel that takes hours to get to on a gravel or mountain road? I build these fences I see first hand the damage created caused when ungulates are entrapped and a large ungulate pen is created. And the fence isnt managed due to its size,geographic location etc ask yourselves what then? What about the invasive plants? treating this problem is a full time job in and of itself let alone trying to do and manage other things in the fence.

I guess in the end im tired of seeing only the people, the hunters etc making the compromises. I would like to ask you guys to do your own research and ask pertinent questions and when given answers ask for them to be written not verbal. This is your land so make sure you really know the intent and purpose so that you can make sound decisions that will affect you and for generations to come. Ask about the management plan and how it will be funded? Is it solid and reliable funding not just a pray as you go funding as I like to call it? How many staff do they have to manage the area FULL-TIME? because trust me that will be a full time job to manage that fence. And questions like these that will ensure the proper management of this area now and for the forseeable future. Again let me say this GET IT IN WRITING PLEASE!

I remember and a young boy sitting in a hunting meeting and having people from the state etc. talk to us about fencing small portions plant populations. Hunter's there including myself shared concern about the fencing and what it would mean in the future for hunting etc. We were assured that it would have only a minimal if any impact on the hunting community. Our gut feeling back then proved right as I sit and realized all thats been done thus far from that time. And it keeps getting bigger and bigger and island to island.

So R.B. and whoever else like talk about compromise and perspective etc tell me what have you compromised and share your perspective. What I listed above is only but a manini fraction of the compromises ive made if I were to write it all down it would take me days to write.

And as Bradda IZ said "Let's talk story"

Oh before I forget since evrybody writing disclaimers for da entities dey work for. The above views are solely my own they do not represent the thoughts and or feelings of my employer. K, sounds good!

Im Bradda Muns and I Approve this Message Very Happy Sorry had to do it gang!

Aloha,
Munsta Souza
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:55 pm

I just wanted to say MAHALO'S to Palikapu,Terry, Griff's and Mun's and everybody else who's in this fight to keep our way of living going on so we can past it on to our children and our children's children, Once again much, much MAHALO'S!!
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Nic Barca wrote:Joe, how do you respond to the person who wrote this comment to the video?

Sad wrote: Somewhere in the battle displayed on this video between conservationists and hunters we have lost sight of who we are as Hawaiians. We are a people who voyaged thousands of miles to land area abundant with native plants and animals which are found no where else in the world. This is a fact. These plants and animals were so revered that they were deified and became part of our amazing culture. It saddens me to see comments like those made by Scott above which questions where the Alala fits into the Hawaiian culture. Every native plant and animal weaves together into the network which comprised part of the Hawaiian culture, its traditions and its practices. Every plant, every animal, every traditional place name, every mele and oil we loose means we loose one more connection to who we are as Hawaiians. We have lost enough.

Stop it hunters, stop it conservationists, and stop it Hawaiians. It is time to stop arguing and work together. Start trying to see the good in one another rather then using projects like these to gain power. We need our native species and we need hunting opportunities, lets look for compromises. I attended the meeting and didnʻt want to speak because of the intimidating mob-like tactics that the Hilo folks brought. Sadly most of the people speaking had not bothered to learn about the project, read any of the posters or the materials given and then made many personal, irrelevant and at times, out of order comments.

I felt sad. Sad for the way people handled themselves at the meeting, sad for the lack of value people have for our forests and sad that this is the way Kaʻu was represented. The majority of those who spoke were outsiders, the same ones that come to our fishing spots in their fancy trucks and take all the fish but leave their line and lead to choke our reefs. The same ones who come and leave their McDonalds rubbish in the forest, take our pigs but bring new invasive species to take over our forests. They come and leave us to clean up their mess and then complain when someone is trying to come and help us better care for and manage our lands.

Lastly, to the comment that these meetings should have been held statewide, my question is why? We, the Kaʻu community are the ones who will be affected. We will be the ones who feel the impact and we are the ones who will deal with the consequences in the years to come.

Everyone should read all the comments to the video. There should be compromise and understanding and respect. The proposed fenced areas is the most remote 1/5 of the forest reserve. Do you consider that too much to ask? Why???

I was hoping someone would reply but only CRICKETS!!!!! WOW! All this talk about working together and compromise yet when I speak about a minute fraction of what ive compromised da only response is CRICKETS!!!!! I dont mean this in a cocky way but was expecting something back. R.B.? Nic? Somebody? Anybody? But if you going reply and speak please speak to me about what you have PERSONALLY COMPROMISED in this struggle. Because when I talk, I talk from experience.

Oh yeah Nic I forgot to tell you if Trae is still there ask him about me he knows me well. He was here @ the Kunia office before Kauai opened up! Is Jon still there? I thought I heard he was back @ HAVO just wondering.

Anyway, I know your post was pointed at Joe but if you and Joe dont mind I would like to weigh in on this one a little. You asked how Joe would respond to the comment made about mob like tactic's. Well in my personal opinion that meeting was very well behaved compared to others ive seen and been to or spoke at. But ultimately it will always be judged on personal feelings so even though in my eyes that mtg was mellow considering what was being discussed. The person who said this may have been their first such mtg experience I dont know.

But since we asking what would jesus do kine questions. Let me ask you and R.B. or anyone else who feels we should RESPECT each other. What would you do in this situation? What would you say to the hunter's and other end users of this area? Who had NO IDEA this area was fenced at all?

A public hunting area comprising of a couple hundred acres was fenced off here on Oahu. NO PUBLIC INPUT,NO PUBLIC COMMENT NO NOTHING!!! Fence was built with NO INVOLVEMENT WHAT SO EVER FROM ANYONE WHO USES THE RESOURCES THERE. Again let me say this IT WAS A STATE PUBLIC HUNTING AREA. BTW, The capital letters is not yelling just emphasizing the magnitude of what im saying. Do you know when the hunter's found out this area was fenced off and no longer open to hunting??? Opening Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you wanna take a lucky guess as to who they asked to inform the hunter's as they checked in on opening day to hunt here that they would no longer be able to hunt here. Hunter's who was pratically raised off this area! Born and Raised off this mountain! YOU GOT IT, Bradda Muns and one bradda from dat side the island. NOT THE STATE WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR DOING THIS but Bradda Muns and dat one Bradda.

We didnt know until last minute that this was the case. We were told that the community and hunter's were involved etc. I questioned this as people I talked to who use this area had no idea what was going on. And the same old lies ive heard a thousand times kept coming. Dont worry we are on that, everything is being taken cared of, community involvement is vital to the success of this fence etc. ALL LIES! As it came to pass it was finally revealed at the 12th hour that all that was told us was just baloney. You wanna know their most famous quote:

IT'S BETTER TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS THAN TO ASK FOR PERMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So tell me Nic, R.B. anyone? I mention your names because you, like me work for entities that deal with this. And because you speak of COMPROMISE AND RESPECT so I would like to hear your opinion on what would you have said to the hunter's signing up to hunt only to find there favorite spot is GONE!!!

I will post another example as i dont wanna cloud this one!

Aloha,

Bradda Muns

Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:00 am

I haven't heard back about the Nature Conservancy either, Muns. It would be good for everyone to be able to see how much all of this encompasses. Of course, we can all access the Nature Conservancy's website and see for ourselves without having anyone spelling it out to us. How much land they already have and question their quest for more.

http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/hawaii/howwework/three-mountain-alliance.xml

Please note that while visiting their website that like most websites its used as a selling tool. Be careful not to buy too much of what's said, but formulate questions as to what further encroachment on public held lands would mean.

As far as the Alala bird, I've heard that while it is a rare and endangered specie that is on the verge of extinction, all attempts thus far to have them released into the wild have failed. Its been said, that their genetic pool is weakened (highly inbred) to the point where their chances of survival upon release is slim to none. If this is not so, why have all previous attempts failed? I'm not being disrespectful to the Alala or any other species worth saving.

The US Army with its use of O'ahu's Makua Valley for military live fire practice has had its own dire impact upon native species that have been greatly disturbed and decimated for more than 60 years. Where were these people who would like to save all these endangered species at, why aren't they just as adamant about whats going on there as they are with what they think is going on in Ka'u? And the reference to Kaho'olawe. The US Navy dropped a bomb on it that was so powerful that it cracked the island's caprock or water table, leading to the island's inability to retain water forever. We can blame the goats who undoubtedly contributed to the defoliation of the island, but not as extensively as the damage done by years and years of target practice with bombs and other ordnance.

Thanks, Muns for taking the time to share these revelations, both here on this forum and on the phone. I know we used to hunt together but we never had the opportunity to talk about this. I'm really glad to see that more and more hunters are seeing the importance of whats going down. The lawsuit is worth throwing our support behind wholeheartedly. And as the conversation continues to progress, I hope that more and more hunters will support the lawsuit as well by sending in your contributions. And sharing your own thoughts and feelings about the issue.

pig

Send your contributions/donations/investment in the future of hunting in Hawai'i - To:

Pele Defense Fund
P.O. Box 4969
Hilo, Hawai'i 96720

Specify on your check or money order: PDF (Hunters)

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  RIDGELINE Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Nic,RB,Misadventure care to comment on VBK's last post??? scratch

RIDGELINE
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:47 am

Howzit Benny,

Rajah! I just wanted to add a couple real scenario's of what has actually taken place that I can speak first hand about. Its easy to talk about compromising and respect and working together but when you live it each and every day. It begins to take on a whole new meaning! What I share ive actually seen with my own eyes because I was there in the flesh experiencing it. This is not only from my job but as a member,sgt of arms,vice president and president of the Pig Hunter's Association of Oahu. My dealings with them go way back, dont get me wrong just like any other job there's good people and that should be noted. But the one's that push unrealistic goal's to put up number's is the one's we gotta watch out for. Its a number's game my friend dont let no one tell you different.

Take for example the evolution of fencing. In the beginning small inclosures/exclosures were the norm populations of rare/endangered species were fenced off around the boundaries of the population. Then fence's got a little bigger to include more habitat so the plants can hopefully restore themselves. Then it got even bigger to include historical habitat so that outplanting can take place to help the said population to grow and establish on thier own. Then its at the point where area's of plants are trying to be connected to encompass many different populations in one huge fence. I can see if it is in native dominated forest that is easy to manage back to stability. But many fences encompass mostly alien dominated forest that will never be brought back to dominant native status regardless of what is said and/or done.

You brought up The Nature Conservancy or TNC. They had the stewardship program for many years while based out of kunia which brought out many different people to learn about the species etc. They build fences throughout the preserve over the years and did a lot of volunteer service projects. But ultimately in the end funding dried up and they closed up the kunia operation and pulled out. This is what im talking about when I talk to people like Nic and R.B. these are things that I have seen happen with my own eyes. Now what happens when you get fence's built and no one to manage them because funding is gondeez and you pull out???????

Now how do you explain to people who compromised and lost these area's and the pigs etc eradicated only to pull out cause no mo funding? Or how do you explain to the hunters when they are told that this fence going up here in this area but dont worry we're working on opening up these other area's we dont worry about to much due to alien dominated forest etc. And then have them agree and compromise that they will soon be allowed to hunt other area's due to losing an area they previously hunted. Then once the fence is built the access for the other "area's" is non existent. Come on dont you think years of having tactics like this pulled on people will one day rise up and not be taken anymore? The anger,frustration,distrust I see when things like this come to a head is all stuff that has built up over time. People are beginning to say Ok enough is enough we not taking it anymore we are gonna fight this thing.

So when you been in the struggle as long as I have or longer and seen these things take place first hand it's hard to swallow sometimes. Thats why I always ask people like them this question "I can tell you what I and other's like me have given up and compromised over the years. Tell me what have they given up or compromised in return". So when people come out saying we MUST compromise I tell myself WE HAVE BEEN and have gotten nothing we were told was gonna happen in return. Because honestly when someone tells me that I tell myself they havent compromised anything. Ive posted compromises I and others have made but as of yet no one can tell me the other way around. It was posted about respect in my eyes respect is earned its not a given. To earn respect you must give respect and quite honestly when it comes to hunters especially dog hunter's we arent given respect so how can they expect to earn ours in return.

Glad you posted that about Kahoolawe I was about to bring that up as well. It just shows me where R.B. is when he mentioned that stuff but glad you put it up there. Maybe he can learn too like we all need to do no matter how long you in da game you always learning.

Sorry fo da long post meant to do one quick reply and look what happen.

Aloha,

Bradda Muns

Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:56 am

Aloha Everyone,

Since everyone else is giving a short bio, here’s mine. My name is Russell Reinertson and I’m one malahini. I’ve only lived here for 25 years. I grew up on my Grandfather’s small dairy farm in Wisconsin. We ran about 150 head of milk cows, and planted corn, alfalfa, and soy beans to feed our cattle each winter. For as long as I can remember, when I wasn’t doing chores, I was roaming the woods and riverbanks with a gun or fishing pole.

After I graduated high school, I joined the Marine Corps, as a grunt (0311). Six months later, only 18 years old, I was stationed at Kaneohe Bay. It was to be my home port for the next 5 years. I can clearly remember that first drive from the airport over the Likelike. I fell in love as soon as I saw the rainforest and mist-shrouded cliffs of the pali. I immediately had this feeling that I had returned home, and I knew I would live here the rest of my life.

During 6 years in the Marine Corps, I travelled all over the world. We would spend 12 months in Hawaii, and 6 months in Okinawa, Japan. We also travelled other places for training—Philippines, Hong Kong, Korea, California, the Big Island, Kahoolawe, and Molokai to name a few. I loved every opportunity to get out in the forests, and as a grunt, I had plenty of chances. Something about the forests and jungle in Hawaii spoke to me at a very deep level. I would spent 4 days a week, 3 weeks a month training in the hills of Kahuku, Makua, East Range, and Waimanalo, then on my days off, hike all over on public trails. I also volunteered to build the Maunawili Trail on Oahu on my days off.

People mention the damage done to Makua and Kaho’olawe? I’ve seen it first hand, both the power and beauty of the land, and the horrendous damage done to it. The farmer in me naturally leads me to appreciate the ‘Aina. Over the years, I’ve had my hands in the dirt and slept in its arms on more hills, ridges, gulches, and beaches than I can count, on every island except Niihau. I’ve felt the Mana pulsing in Kilauea, in peaceful mountain streams, dense rain forests, and high mountain passes, and it’s an important part of me.

After the Gulf War, I got out of the Corps, and lived in Waikiki, Kaimuki, and Manoa, working in the hotels. During this time, I started to race mountain bikes to stay in shape, and also began bird hunting. I started doing more volunteer work with Na Ala Hele and also the Hawaii Nature Center in Makiki and the Hawaii Bicycling League to maintain public hiking trails, and also work to keep them open for mountain biking. You see, mountain bikers face very similar access issues as do the hunters. People want to close off trails to bikes, and will use all sorts of lies and half-truths to get the job done if need be.

In ’98, I moved to Maui and began working as a tour guide and doing workplace safety. I continued to volunteer with Na Ala Hele here to maintain trails, and hunted and rode mountain bike. Polipoli quickly became my playground. To this day, you will frequently find me up there, with a bow in hand, or on a bike, or with a shovel working on trails. I hike, camp, hunt, and play up there with my family. When times were tight, I’ve relied on the forest to put meat on the table. When things were good, I gave back to the forest in any way I could.

For the last 2 years now, I’ve sat on the Maui Na Ala Hele Advisory Council. For those of you who don’t know what that is, each island has a council of 9 volunteer members. They are the voice of the community and represent various user groups such as hikers, mountain bikers, Native Hawaiian practitioners, hunters, dirt bikers, equestrians, etc. Our job is to provide community input to help Na Ala Hele and DLNR manage the public hiking trails and public access to our state forest reserves, parks, and other state lands. Along with sitting on the Advisory Council, I am also on the board of directors of the Maui Mountain Bike Coalition. The Coalition is a chapter of the International Mountain Bike Association. IMBA is a 501.3c non-profit with 50,000 members dedicated to creating and preserving sustainable multi-use trails. Because I hunt, ride bike, hike, and more, I can understand various user groups issues, and I try to bridge the gaps and help everyone work together. They are our forests, and we need to have access to them.

My love for the ‘Aina has shaped every part of my life, as well as my family’s. I may not have been born and raised here, but don’t think for a moment that I don’t love this ‘Aina as much or as deeply as those of you who were. I get plenty respect for the native peoples of Hawaii and their ways and culture. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t still be here, raising my kids, and sharing my love of the land with everyone I can.

From the first time I heard about the controversy surrounding the Ka’u Forest Reserve plan, I’ve been listening to what everyone has said. I am still forming my own opinions as I gather more information, and slowly work my way through the 385 page Draft Environmental Assessment. As I posted back in that “Article: Mystery Deer Growth Pitting Hunters Against Hawaii” thread, my gut instinct is that they are trying to grab way too much land. And if anyone cares to reread my earlier posts in this thread, they have been to ask people to explain their thoughts and feelings, and to encourage everyone to be respectful of each other, even if you disagree. Beyond that, I haven't really talked about where I stand, because I've been trying to listen. At the Na Ala Hele Statewide Advisory Council Meeting held last week in Kauai, I had the opportunity to mention everyone’s concerns to a few people in DLNR. Most, such as Nelson Ayers (head of Na Ala Hele), aren’t directly involved with it. However, they work or meet with others who are, and by talking about it, I certainly hope word trickles back to those who matter.

I don’t have all the answers. Hell, I may not have ANY answers, but I stand by my earlier words. We as Hunters need to stand united if we are to succeed in preserving our ‘Aina and our way of life for our keiki’s.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:26 pm

RIDGELINE wrote:Nic,RB,Misadventure care to comment on VBK's last post??? scratch

I guess no taker's RIDGELINE.
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:25 am

VBK wrote:Thanks Nic. There is a saying "I rather have an honest enemy than a fake friend." I have a better understanding about who you are
and where you stand as an individual and as one who is employed by the Nature Conservancy.

Would it be possible for you to, for the benefit of those of us who have no clue as to what the Nature Conservancy is about, inform us
about what its mission statement is, its goals and objectives, its reason for...

VBK, just letting you know I am planning on responding to your questions. I've been camping since saturday, and am pretty tired. -Nic
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks for the head's up. I posted the TNC/Three Mountain Alliance link, but I don't think the information on it was that substantial insofar as what we may want to hear about from the hunter's perspective.

Please send your donations to Pele Defense Fund. pig

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:20 am

Razz MISTER MISADVENTURE,GET READY CAUSE OUR BRADDAH GOIN TAKE YOU ON ONE ADVENTURE ABOUT THE HAWAIIAN HISTORY OF TODAY AN OF DA PASS.HOPE YOU READ THE STORY ABOUT"KUNIA".THE LATEST ONE BRADDAH HYPA WHEN POST UP "KOA RIDGE".BRAH LIKE I SAID YOU EITHER WITH US OR YOU NOT.AN NIC I BET WHAT EVER YOU GET FOR SAY WE HEARD BEFORE FROM THE PEOPLE WHOS PLACE YOU WHEN TAKE.SO LIKE BRADDAH SAID "LETS TALK STORY". NO COMPROMISING SPECIALY ABOUT THIS ISSUES WE HAVE GOING ON RIGHT NOW.LET ME ASK YOU TWO THIS.DO YOU EVEN KNOW ALL THE HISTORY ON WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HAWAIIAN KINGDOM.LIKE I SAID "GET READY MY BOY".TO MY FELLOW BRADDAHS THATS BEEN SPEAKING UP FOR US BRADDAHS WHO WANT TO SEE THE RIGHT THINGS DONE I APPLUADE AN APPRECIATE ALL YOUR VIEWS AND COMMENTS."PONO" MY BRADDAHS.BRADDAH MUNS,IF YOU DON'T MIND,GET UM ! CAUSE I WON'T MINE YOU DOING IT.AW'RYIIIIIIIIIIIIII.PEACE.Smile

"ONIPAA"

BRADDAH CALFREY (CAL)
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 2 Empty Go ahead

Post  hunters6262 Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:18 am

I want to thank all the people of Hawaii standing up n not falling for anymore bs . For me I not going to quit I cannot look at these future kids of Hawaii n talk hunting with them by knowing I didn't do every thing possible to assure them they WILL HAVE HAWAII IN FURTUE GENERATIONS TO COME WITH HUNTING GROUNDS N ANIMALS IN THERE TO HUNT N CARRY ON THE TRADITION N RELIGIOUS BELIEFS OF THE HAWAIIAN PEOPLE . So all you people who are standing up you are standing up to a applause from our future generations ,accept it you deserve it n nobody can take that away , it's who we are . To whatever monkey wants us to lose everything kick rocks we coming to take it back ,don't like it leave go f**ck up somewhere else just not Hawaii ,it belongs to us .
Joe

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:10 pm

RBK, sorry for the long response time. I took some time off from the forum and it took a little longer to get approval from TNC to respond to this. I cannot just go out and be a representative of TNC without getting some approval. Therefore, I am representing the views and opinions of TNC in the following post and the following post only unless otherwise stated. I hope it answers your questions:
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next