Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Island Video News - Hunters

+14
moosehead
R.B.
Koa Boa
dogleader6
HYPA
braddah mike
Misadventure Gear
shrek
Nic Barca
hunters6262
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
ROUGH N' READY
CAVE CANEM
KVB
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 4 Empty Re: Big Island Video News - Hunters

Post  Misadventure Gear Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:35 am

Joe, How is my asking everyone to speak respectfully to each other, and for you to clearly state your alternatives to the proposed Kau Forest Reserve management plan BS? Is it BS to ask if you have a defined manamagement plan? You have come on this forum stating that the proposed state plan does not address your concerns, and asking for everyone's support of your postition. You should be prepared to answer questions as to what should be done, and why your solutions are the ones that should be adopted. Show us all what your specific proposals are, so that each person can make his own well-informed decision on the issue of the Kau FR Management Plan.

I have watched the video several times, and I do know my Hawaiian history. I have been, and continue to be both respectful and trying to earn your respect. I want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Now I ask everyone here to also try to be part of the solution, and not part of the problem.

My comments on this forum are my own thoughts and opinions, not the state, nor "tnc n Sierra Club, three mountain alliance, DLNR, NARS". With the exception of the DLNR Na Ala Hele Program, I have no connection to any of them, nor do I pretend to speak for them, or to support them. As a volunteer (that means unpaid and doing it simply because I love the 'Aina) representative on a Na Ala Hele Advisory Council, I am YOUR voice and YOUR connection to the state in regards to the Na Ala Hele Trails and Access Program.... specificially here on Maui. My role is to advise Na Ala Hele on the community's feelings, as well as to inform the community of Na Ala Hele's plans and activities. Simply because I am on the Council, does not mean that I am a mindless supporter of everything the State or DLNR want to do. I am not a "land grabber". Actually, nowhere in any of my posts have I said that I support the State's proposal to manage Kau FR.

I am simply one man....A man who loves the place I have chosen to call home, and want my children to grow up here, healthy, happy, and loving the 'aina as much as I do. I want my children to be able to roam the hills, to see the beautiful native plants and animals, to hunt, hike, bike, swim, surf, fish, and experience everything that makes this such a special place, just as I have. I want them to feel the Mana as I do. I want them to live in an even better place than it was before.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 4 Empty Not making sense

Post  hunters6262 Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 am

Where did I say I have a proposed management plan for Kau ? The plan for Kau is leave it alone . They talk about watershed plant trees not fence n eradicate n put the crow up there when they know the crow will die ,as all other attempts did ,then land will be restructured as past lands where to keep in there jurisdiction never to be given back .They have four huge areas where the crow failed no success . They where told by retired wildlife biologist miles Nakahara don't waste more tax payers money on crow release, before taking another huge land mass show one success . On statewide hunting /gathering law suit against DLNR (NARS PROGRAM ) Hawaiian homes land . This law suit is stopping fencing and eradication on these lands ,past and future land taken. Hawaii has never had a game management plan with a carrying capacity of game animals as it is done in the mainland . They havent a count on animals in our forest to be managed. How can we protect our forest without having one ? Past lands need to reassess in game management units /critical habitat etc:and re fence correctly n put animals back in there. Example : 10,000 acres to be fenced . By state own wildlife biologist reports on a 10,000 acre fencing project only 100 acres would be required to be fenced and eradicated not the whole 10,000 acres n show a success in that 100 acres in open it up a few acres and manage it . Our state has paid employees to make a game management plan I know I talk with them about it they say not a problem BUT it not required of them now or in the future, it's only get rid of the animals . I have posted PELE DEFENSE FUND donation letter with contact info on there have you called to ask questions ? When u look at his speech on Kau forest reserve video what more do u need to know what his case will entail ? When we was in Kau they couldn't answer him or even try they caught . Pal if you want to know or get involved its up to you as it is with everybody else . You an Nic put doubt into people's mind with your comments . That what I just read from you,you talking as if i running the law suit ,i am no lawyer, but we have lawyers . You got questions call n find out just like everybody else can . I just sick of this conservation and preservation bs that has ruined Hawaii and we about to doing something about it ,public first then private lands. If we lose all you doubters can say see I told u and if we win everybody who scared to stand up going to get a free ride on us, but for us men woman and children win lose or draw who trying can hold our heads up. Pal where you put your head is up to you . For me and my family my heads up.

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 4 Empty Question

Post  hunters6262 Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:07 pm

Misadventure , who does Hawaii belong too ? Who do the game animals belong too ? If you know these answers the law suit will be clear and to the reason why this law suit is taking place , and why state n federal laws where put in place protecting these rights.

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 4 Empty RESPECT

Post  shrek Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Joe you are 110% correct!! Respect is earned and not just given! No can respect someone that's playing games on here! This "BOY" giving VBK crap over spelling???? Come on "BOY" read through your posts, YOU should check your spelling to! This "BOY" is a CLOWN clown clown clown clown . Better you jus stop already! You sounding more and more like the same guys that turning our HAWAII into the mainland. You look at Oahu. I just came back from visiting yesterday. I was driving on the roads over there, and it's like the mainland already. No thank you waves or people letting you into their lanes!! That place is OVERPOPULATED period. That's why homes are being built deeper and deeper into the forest. Lands being grabbed and turned into subdivisions. Do we want that to happen to our whole Hawaii???? So much land being taken away from us as hunters. Oahu doesn't have too much public hunting areas for the MANY hunters on that island already!! All we want is for these people to stop taking away our lands that we hunt in. Leave it alone already!!! For whatever reasons IE. (conservation,GMO,subdivisions,etc. etc.). Leave it alone!!! They already fenced off enough for their science research...don't you think???? Nic if you worried about runoffs and the reefs??? Maybe you and your group should go attack all the big hotels and their golf courses!!! Homes, high rises, hotels, all the big infrastructure getting built. They are the main ones screwing our reefs. Not the mountains!!! The rain and rivers in our mountains are mother natures way of cleansing the mountain. Unless there is poisons sprayed by you guys.....we don't have to be worried about it affecting our reefs. It's been going on for hundreds of years. The only problem I see is the irresponsible people that go into our mountains and leave their trash up there. Notice I call them people and not hunters! There are many out there that give us hunters a bad name. Like I said earlier in this thread, "BOY" go take your comments and arguments to a conservationists forum and maybe you'll get more people "RESPECTING" you. On here you'll just look more and more like a clown clown clown . I cannot respect someone that says one thing, then later says something else without good reason! Misadventure Gear, I didn't know this forum had a moderator to tell people to be civil and treat people with respect! If you are that person, read the posts carefully!!!! This "BOY" is treating people with disrespect in his own way. Read it carefully you'll see it!! As for solutions??? LEAVE IT ALONE, STOP FENCING OFF AREAS AND TAKING AWAY PUBLIC HUNTING AREAS PERIOD!!!!

By the way, a little history of myself. My name is Mark Spain, I live on the Big Island. I was born and raised in Makaha, on Oahu, moved to Kaneohe when I was in high school. Some college education, needed to go out and get a job to support myself so didn't graduate. Got into the Hawaii Police Department in 2002. 2004, got into the Hawaii Fire Department till present. When I was in the Police Dept., I worked in North Kohala. The hunters over there have NO public hunting areas. The only way to get to a public hunting area, is to go through private land!!! WTF!!! They have no access to a piece of public hunting area surrounded by private land. Needless to say, there was alot of poaching, fence cutting, ranch animals getting attacked and trespassing going on. Do we want our hunting areas to end up like this???? That's why I am so passionate about this topic. I am a hunter, I do not poach or trespass! Period! I have two children that ask me to come along every time I go out to holoholo. Being that I hunt usually by myself, I cannot take them till they get a little bigger. Now what happens when I cannot take them to the places that I have enjoyed running around with my dogs. I always tell them when they get bigger, they can come with me. If these places get fenced off, that makes me a liar to my children!!!! We don't want this to happen. For my children and everyone else who have children that want to run the forests of Hawaii. People reading this thread, support the Pele Defense Fund. I just got my receipt in the mail with a letter from the president letting me know what my monies was being used for. If not for you, for our children. Don't let this keep happening. It's time to stand up and fight this land grabbing before there's no places to hunt legally!

Anybody like talk story 960-1726

shrek
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 4 Empty TNC

Post  hunters6262 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:48 am

Benny has posted TNC scandals on HAWAIISPORTSMAN ,now what u TNC people got to say ?You guys been quiet like chruch mice , what's up . Not much that right go crawl back in your hole . N for people wondering if law suit will work read Molokai vs TNC .

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Big Island Video News - Hunters - Page 4 Empty Re: Big Island Video News - Hunters

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Sheldon, My Bio HAWAIIAN!! Article12 s,7 NUFF SAID.
Oh yeah if you're wondering where's the HAWAIIAN? My madda's side Kealoha's.......
Benny still no taker's on Makau hah? Touchy subject....
Laughing

Last edited by BUBBA'S HUNTING SUPPLY on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 pm

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:36 pm

That's an awesome article thank's for sharing...
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4