Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bow hunting

5 posters

Go down

bow hunting Empty bow hunting

Post  wessider Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:38 am

howzit jus was wondering if anybody would be interested in taking me on a bow hunt,i used to hunt with dogs before,but i havent gone in awhile so figure i post this and see if anybody would be interested in taking me.i never did shoot a bow in my life but was thinking about buying a crossbow cuz it looks easier.ok thanks

wessider
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

bow hunting Empty Re: bow hunting

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:36 am

Howzit Wessider! First of all which island are you from?? I am not positive but I am pretty sure it is illegal to hunt with a crossbow unless you are handicapped at which point you would qualify for a special permit to use a crossbow to hunt. I have been into archery since I was in elementary and had a Bear bow and wooden arrows that I used to "hunt" butterflies in the pili grass behind my house! Laughing ! It is extremely an adrenaline rush to be able to stalk up on an animal and place that perfect shot. Welcome to bowhunting and good luck!!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

bow hunting Empty bowhunting

Post  wessider Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:37 am

from oahu.i never went bow hunting,so i dont understand dat much

wessider
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:45 am

It is my understanding that you have to be disabled to legally hunt with a crossbow on public land. The rules may be different if you are on private land. When I was hunting Lanai this last spring, Gary from the Lanai Company Game Management was telling me that they do allow crossbow hunting when you buy the private land archery tag and hunt those four parcels of land. So something to think about there........
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:44 am

Is that the 50 dollar deal? You still have to have a hunting license though don't you?
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  wessider Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:42 am

not to be mean,but would any of you guys be willing on taking me on a bow hunt?or even invite me on your next dog n knife.thanks

wessider
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:01 am

Yes UpFront, that was the $50 deal, and you do need to have a hunting license first. IMHO, it is a great deal for an archery hunt on private land. And now that I know they allow crossbows, I've started drooling everytime I see crossbow in the stores. Went to Oahu last weekdend w/ my Beloved and we saw the Barnett they have in Sports Authority. I kept trying to talk her into getting it, since it was my birthday, but she wasn't going for it. Sad But one day...............

Wessider, when you get out to Maui, let me know and I'll take you on a hunt. First thing is do the hunter safety education course, and get your license if you haven't done so already.........You'll learn plenty good stuff in dat course.......
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 am

haha good try though on the Barnett Maui.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  wessider Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:30 am

no probs das wen i get out to maui.got my lic. by the way thanks fo da invite

wessider
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  ROOKIE Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:44 am

Yah guys. If I'm not mistaken, crossbows are only allowed on private land, and you still need a hunting license to hunt on private land. Check on the DLNR website for info

ROOKIE
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down