Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why hunt with more then 5 dogs??

+20
aki
longest finger
braddah mike
ALMIGHTYBOARHUNTAH
ShannonChun
BRIAN AKINA
kaakau
quadfathers
volcano mustang
upcountryhoGz
hog killahz inc.
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
N2BOAZ
knockout
moosehead
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
CAVE CANEM
koa96727
Kauai Boy
hamakua outlaw
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why hunt with more then 5 dogs?? Empty Why hunt with more then 5 dogs??

Post  hamakua outlaw Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:04 am

what da reason?? u like eat da meat not da bruse?? how u goin let go pigs?? My grandma & grandpa would get mad at me if I took 5 dogs!! My grandparents would say dam clowns!! Get real!! 2 or 3 dogs enough!!

hamakua outlaw
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Why hunt with more then 5 dogs?? Empty Re: Why hunt with more then 5 dogs??

Post  Kauai Boy Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:20 am

Did you ever even hunt any place else or even different islands before or what? How long you've been hunting? You gotta think before you talk...type jocolor geek ......Brah....i tell you some huntaz now days....yeah they really know all about hunting rabbit
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hamakua outlaw Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:36 am

My grounds Is good enough 4 me I no need go off island!!by the way I 65 years old!! Have 4 sons!! Started when I was 6 years old!! U DONT NEED MORE THEN 5 DOGS!! And people let go half size pigs so they can grow!! Right to roam!!

hamakua outlaw
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:41 am

all you need is 2 or 3 good dogs you may need diefferent dogs 4 diefferent types of places most time 5 is da most ill take i hate 2 handle ne more den dat hard 4 letago Arrow
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:43 am

hamakua, Ahhhh.....That's why you know plenty aboout hunting all the different islands Laughing Laughing And you also know that all the other islands is easy to hunt 2-3 dogs. Yeah you know a lot about hunting in Hawaii Rolling Eyes scratch clown
And yeah hamakua "outlaw" i wonder why you put "outlaw" in your username? Is it maybe because you hunt easy to catch with 2-3 dogs outlaw kind places?
I not trying to make humbug but brah, no try make like we idiots because we hunt with more than 5 dogs. Until you hunt different islands then you can tell us all you know about hunting only 2-3 dogs. I talking bout dogs and knife.

Last edited by Kauai Boy on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hamakua outlaw Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:48 am

Koa96727 u have a brain like mines pritty sharp!! I would say!! sunny

hamakua outlaw
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:50 am

haha every 1 has there own hunting style how many dogs do u hunt with kauai boy?
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:52 am

I hunt with 5 or more dogs and pups. it all depends on where i hunting and who i hunting with and if i taking pups or not. koa btw my other post was meant for hamakua.

Last edited by Kauai Boy on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:53 am

thanks
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:55 am

Kauai Boy wrote:I hunt with 5 or more dogs and pups. it all depends on where i hunting and who i hunting with and if i taking pups or not.

oh wow how come need so many dogs
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 am

koa96727 wrote:every 1 has there own hunting style

Like you said, every one has their own hunting style.
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:06 am

yea you rite da pigs must be hard 2 stop or some thing
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:11 am

Kauai Boy wrote:it all depends on where i hunting and who i hunting with and if i taking pups or not.
Like i said...... Cool

Btw how you guys hunting? Dogs and knife or dogs and gun?
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 am

Gotta train the youngins and I've also heard the other islands terrain requires more dogs. I look forward to one day taking a couple of my dogs to the outer islands for a run after I get my puppies firing just to test and see for myself. Another reason I have found we end up with more dogs then need is I bring 2, You bring 2 and a friend brings his 2 and we get 6 dogs down!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:41 am

Kauai Boy wrote:it all depends on where i hunting and who i hunting with and if i taking pups or not.
yup that's how it goes.

Isaac, i'd be happy to take you hunt here. Lmk.
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:58 am

What's up HAMAKUA! I see you just joined the forum so welcome aboard,,,,But we have had this discussion many times over like couple of my B.I BROS had said if everybody not on the same page half size kind is all going get,,,But since you one old time huntah you should know that quality of the pigs depends on where you live and hunt,,,I been hunting up there for the last 6-8 years helping my BROS out with his tournament for the last couple years we've caught alot of what you called half size pigs with some crankahz in Waimea and caught couple 200lbs + monstahz with his dogs up volcano,,,As for me I hunt only 6 dogs so in your book i guess I one clown and not as sharp as you! I don't mean any disrepect to you,,,but you're more than welcome to bring your best dogs stay with me and we go hunt...Not going matter what you bring if they catch anything decent over here we going be lucky for hit 130LBS mark,,,But like i said the quaulity of pigs depends on where you live,,My name is Sheldon I'm from NANAKULI,Hi and you're more than welcome to come on over call me up we can talk some hogs and dogs,,,,,,808-864-6838 ALOHA'S...........
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  moosehead Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:03 pm

I HUNT WITH 7 DOGS AND DOES THAT MAKE ME A CLOWN?I STILL CAN LET GO PIGS BIG OR SMALL.MY DOGS NOT HARD ROUGH DOGS THEY MORE NIP AND SPIN DOGS.MOST OF THE PIGS I CATCH WHEN I REACH I WONDER HOW I GOING GRAB UM CAUSE MY DOGS JUST BARK.NOT TO BE DISRESPECTFUL TO ANYONE BUT I'VE BEEN TO BIG ISLAND AND IT'S MORE CATCHING NOT HUNTING,BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION..HERE ON OAHU STILL GET PIGS BUT YOU GET EVERYBODY AND THIER COUSINS TRING TO CATCH THAT PIG SO THATS WHY WE BRING MORE DOGS SO THE PACK CAN COVER MORE GROUNDS.ANYWAYS UNCLE AT 65 YEARS OLD YOU SHOULD BE TEACHING OTHERS.I'VE HUNTED ALL MY LIFE AND HUNTING TO ME IS NOT ALL ABOUT CATCHING THE SO CALLED BIG BOAR OR TROPHY.IT'S ABOUT THE DOGS THE WAY THEY TURN OUT FROM PUPPY TO ACE,IT'S ABOUT PERSERVING THE HUNTING AREAS FOR THE NEXT PERSON.IT COULD BE A NUMBER OF THINGS FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

I HOPE THIS POST DID'NT OFFEND ANYBODY IF IT DID I'M SORRY!!!

AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU ARE NOT THE HUNTER YOU ARE ONLY THE CARE TAKER

ALOHA.....HUNT HARD AND BE SAFE...........TED
moosehead
moosehead
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  knockout Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:18 pm

I'm a clown, I run 5 dogs...! lol

knockout
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  N2BOAZ Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Just put it this way a pig here on oahu lives about 5yrs max and in that years had and seen numerous encounters with dogs and learned how to use his ivorys so in my opinion sometimes you need more dogs hunted big island before and seemed the pigs did'nt even seen dogs before just stood there, and in that case two to three dogs is perfect. Like everyone said every island is different. By the way i run five dogs does that make me a clown to Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
N2BOAZ
N2BOAZ
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  **BRADDAH TOMZ** Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:38 pm

HOWZIT BRADDAHZ I HUNT WIT 4 DOGS BUT IM TRAINING 2PUPS RYGHT NOW.BUT I HUNT WIT DOG N KNIFE 4 LIFE.WOULD LIKE 2 C SUM 1 CALL ME CLOWN TO MY FACE CUZ I HINTING 6 DOGS....ALOHAZZZZ...DA GOOD GUYZ...(TOM)....
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hog killahz inc. Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:59 pm

6 dogs here my man. i also hunted big island with sum one who ran three dogs and we caught couple pigs that neva know how for run or fight, was more catch than hunt. u have your own preference, and to tell u the truth we don't give a f**k wat u think if u like call us clowns. bring your three dogs to oahu and i'll take u in my grounds guaranteed and we'll see how they do Twisted Evil
curtis
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  upcountryhoGz Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:42 pm

howz it braddahs,

im form big island island, . Thats true all depends on your hunting style "HOLLYWOOD", the oilers, the tall tail hunting storys they talk and showing off the pig on the dog rack. Eh you know got to pack the whole pig out, you can just skin & debone right there in the mountain. not only saying off island huntas to dat, even big island too. And get some pretenders out there also...And how much dogs you hunt with, all depends on your "style" dog & knife or dog & gun, and where forest or pasture. before days you neva even had to hunt with dat much dogs. only 2 or 4 dogs was good enough. on the big island choke of the huntas are generation huntas, from father to son to father to son, and how they wen teach us was the old style. And generation huntas are different den huntas that just started. and huntas that just started hunting and stay catching some hogz.they think they know everything about hunting. i know some guys like that... if thats there style den no can help just let it go......

i apologize if anything that i said in this post was offending, to anyone ,i just speaking on the subject ALOHA
upcountryhoGz
upcountryhoGz
Piglet
Piglet

http://www.cbcages.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  upcountryhoGz Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:59 pm

moosehead wrote: .NOT TO BE DISRESPECTFUL TO ANYONE BUT I'VE BEEN TO BIG ISLAND AND IT'S MORE CATCHING NOT HUNTING,

WHO DID YOU HUNT WITH, AND WHERE? BIG ISLAND YOU GET THE WHOLE ISLAND TO HUNT.DIS THE ONLY ISLAND YOU CAN. MAYBE WHERE YOU WENT WAS JUST CATCHING.
upcountryhoGz
upcountryhoGz
Piglet
Piglet

http://www.cbcages.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  volcano mustang Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:24 pm

aloha my braddas im one of those clowns cause i hunt 6 good dogs and 2 pups when i go.....but....i no hunt in one grocery store i hunt in forest where every tom dick and harry take there young dogs and train the pigs insted of there dogs....when i do catch......that 2 plus boar is screemin like one baby...ass how i like um....dog and knife no gun what so eva....35 years under the belt....oh yea just fo one reminder...dogs grab all head...i no eat the ears and nose so my meat is perrrrrrfffffeeeeeccccttttt.............alohas...........

volcano mustang
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Hahaha Laughing .....Somehow i just knew that a giant can of worms was opened geek Laughing cheers .
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next