Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE: Henry Haina

+23
JYD
Misadventure Gear
Admin
shrek
HPD.
Do Not Trespass
bakeplus34pu
Babooze
branz95
moosehead
ollie
ROOKIE
HOG WILD
Shane M.
Nic Barca
BIG G
trackandgrab
evan
calvin
noneyobusiness
HYPA
UpFront
zelda
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

RE: Henry Haina - Page 4 Empty Re: RE: Henry Haina

Post  Misadventure Gear Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:42 pm

I've been following this thread since it started and I've kept my mouth shut and just listened to everyone. But now I gotta say I agree with Hog Wild....It's a shame to see Zelda stir us up and get us attacking each other! Several of us have offered to help her, and she obviously wasn't really interested in getting help. We've all agreed (Zelda included) that poachers suck. If she won't take our help, then nothing more we can do. Except maybe to take a look at your own hunting practices, and if they aren't fully legal and ethical then don't do it. If you hold yourself to the highest standards then people like Zelda no can say anything.

Main thing is, don't let Zelda turn us against each other.......which is what her real goal is....
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:16 pm

my apologies if my previouse post if it offended anyone, I have freinds that hunt those ranches and didnt realize the impact of the statement on them in the post

once again sorry CHRIS BURNER
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina - Page 4 Empty DRAMA

Post  JYD Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:57 pm

THIS ISNT MYSPACE.COM
JYD
JYD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina - Page 4 Empty One Question for all of you!!!

Post  noneyobusiness Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:17 am

If someone where to tresspass on land you patrolled for work or personal and knew that the tresspassers had weapons ... HONESTLY what would you say and do??? HONESTLY!!! no sugar coating it either!! Also after catching them you find out they are illelgal and have no right to be there what would you do!! Cam on stop this bitch session already. If everyone was to look at this forum and read what hunters are writing they would loose more respect for you guys come on get illegal if your not and stay off private property if you don't have premission. what is so hard to understand????? The presiden to f the PHAO has mad some bad remarks on all the "Henry Haina" and "Crazy Warden" he is a rep for the hunters and the things said by both hunters and thier president aren't becoming. Remember these forums are public everyone everywhere can see them.... The comments can be also held as evidence if something were to happen it Mr. Haina. Let's just agree to disagree and move on don't you have better things to think of?
Like who caught, next tournament and things like that come on.. Move on already. Nuff Huhu!!!

noneyobusiness
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  zelda Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:04 pm

MauiRhino wrote:I've been following this thread since it started and I've kept my mouth shut and just listened to everyone. But now I gotta say I agree with Hog Wild....It's a shame to see Zelda stir us up and get us attacking each other! Several of us have offered to help her, and she obviously wasn't really interested in getting help. We've all agreed (Zelda included) that poachers suck. If she won't take our help, then nothing more we can do. Except maybe to take a look at your own hunting practices, and if they aren't fully legal and ethical then don't do it. If you hold yourself to the highest standards then people like Zelda no can say anything.

Main thing is, don't let Zelda turn us against each other.......which is what her real goal is....

Maui Rhino, I must have missed it, What help did you offer?

What are you going to blame me for next? Shooting Kennedy

I'm sure this message board was great until I came along and said there's a problem
I'm sure it's " all good " for those not having to deal with poachers and trespassers
I'm trying my best to find a win - win for both hunters and land owners and I'm asking for help

It's so easy for you to say " if your doing something illegal, dont do it " ( wake up ) criminals are bolder now than ever, and offering that as a solution is INSULTING

zelda
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:26 am

Zelda,

Quite simply, when I said "serveral of us" I was refering to "us as hunters", people on this forum who hunt.....Several others have repeatedly offered to help you.......People who are in a position to really be of help........I specifically did not offer to help you because I am not on your island. Beyond adding my voice to those decrying illegal and unethical behavior, I cannot offer you much concrete help at this time.

When you say it's easy to simply say "Don't do it" and tell me it is "insulting", you are negating the effect "peer pressure" can have. And not that you probably even care, but I don't only "talk the talk", I "walk the walk." I will not hunt illegally, or with anyone who is doing so. I hold myself to a high set of standards, and I always remember that I am setting an example for my son to follow. I can only be responsible for myself, and do my best to teach my son the ways of being a good Man in this world........ Oh, and whether you realize it or not, we are all affected by poachers and trespassers. You see it as a landowner who has suffered losses, I see the effects in the form of posted land and closed doors. We are each merely seeing different effects of the same problem.

The way I see it, this whole discussion boils down to ethics......You are upset about the personal ethics displayed by poachers, and lets not forget that this thread originally started with complaints about the professional ethics of a certain Conservation Officer (someone who, in theory, should be held to the highest ethical standard).....Ethics are a nebulous thing, something the human race has spent thousands of years trying to work out. I don't claim to have an immediate solution for you. I'd love to help you if you have a concrete request, which so far, from what I have seen, you don't. You mentioned a petition, but as I understood it, you were speaking hypothetically. Until you have something concrete, I can only call it as I see it.....and what I see, is a person who is here, pushing people's buttons, and turning the discussion away from the fact that a game warden is behaving in a manner that is not only unethical, but illegal, and endangering the safety of children.

My last post was directed to my hunting brothers and sisters, to remind everyone that we can accomplish more if we work together, and not turn on each other. And to be another voice of those who do not tolerate illegal and unethical behavior. I am not setting myself up as being "better than someone else"........Only as someone who is doing his best, to be both a Man and a Hunter, and a good example for my son.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

RE: Henry Haina - Page 4 Empty My 2 Cents

Post  Vidinha Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:56 pm

Aloha all,
I haven't been on this site for a while and this thread is why. We got 6 pages on this thread/topic of circles with no end. I didn't read the last maybe 10 post's and will not read them for the fact that I think it's futile and borderline bullshit, not saying that your feelings and opinions are bullshit but the fact that the topic has gone round n round and taken so many different shapes. I also think that when a person reads something on a comp screen and hears the same words in voice from the other persons mouth, it can be taken in a way not intended or as hostile when it's not. I also think people get irratated when people hide behind a false name n don't add their real name to a post on a serious topic like this, I know I do, I like to know who I'm talking to.
Zelda,
My name is Cory Vidinha, I am a good friend of Marvi and Glenn. I helped them with the problem they had with Mountain and BB and I also go to their ranch to help with duties from time to time, they are awesome people. I am also an avid hunter that alot of people know and I hope respect.
I would like to offer you this. You said in your last post that you would like help. I would like to offer the help of me and some of my peers. You can talk to Marvi about me and the people I associate with, and when you feel comfortable or when you are ready you can give me a call. I would like to arrange a meeting with us and a few people I trust would be key in giving you the help that you need, maybe at Marvi's ranch or anywhere you choose. We can have this meeting over lunch or dinner, I know Marvi makes a mean stew and I know someone that makes an incredible pumpkin crunch.
I love this way of life that was handed down to me from my great grandfather and I now share with my brother and my sons, I will do what I can to keep it. I do believe that the way to finish a million mile march is to take that first POSITIVE step. Maybe some day big land owners, DLNR, Hunters, etc. can work together. There will always be a few bad apples but we can't let them ruin it for the majority. We just gotta teach them from young to do right, even if they are not ours to teach.

Aloha,
Cory Vidinha 861-6680

Last edited by Vidinha on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.cory-vidinha.magix.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KANUHA BROTHERS Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:00 pm

I also will offer my help, along with Cory's

Dean Kanuha WHM Wild Hog Management 392-0736
KANUHA BROTHERS
KANUHA BROTHERS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Papiopolice Fri May 22, 2009 4:52 am

Armed sentry?...LOL... FYI YOU ARE NOT IN LAW ENFORCEMENT. YOU ARE IN SECURITY. Its like saying a school bus driver is a race car driver. And your mentors the DOD Police, keystone cops. What do the DOD cop wannabees know about real LE tactics? What is your biggest LE decision each day on duty? When to sit or stand at your post? C'mon, from what it sounds like you dont know squat about proper police tactics. Reasonable force necessary to compell compliance. Drawing your weapon is not deadly force it is a threat of deady force. Every situation is different and is based on what the actor believes in each situation. A Poacher with weapons and unleashed dogs, clearing leather, drawing to the low ready or even drawing down on a poacher until any potential threat is identified and/or commands are followed in most cases is justified. A DOD armed guards use of force continum is far more restrictive than a real law enforcement officer.

calvin wrote:zelda,

I am in law inforcement, I am an armed sentury for Pearl Harbor and work with DOD(federal police).
I am trained and certified for use of firearm and deadly force.
I know when to use or not or even draw a weapon.
I am also one of the law abiding hunters that was wrongfully harrassed by Henry Haina.

Having introduced myself, lets get back to your last subject.
If you want to believe those land owners then see what happens when you shoot somebody, tresspasser or not.

Enough with this intimidation story telling, If you have tresspassers then by all means call the police.
Don't start bashing away at us LAW ABIDING HUNTERS.

Papiopolice
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Papiopolice Fri May 22, 2009 6:09 am

ollie wrote:Zelda I usually don't waste my time with small minded people like you and better yet hide behind a make-up name. Yes the children was tresspassing but that don't give him the right to draw his gun. Let say that the gun went off by accident and someone was hurt or kill. I don't think you would be talking how great this warden is. See I was threaten by him even though he knew I had permission after making a phone call to the office. He even tried to take the pants off another violator saying he needed it for evidence after he took everthing else all the while using vulgar language. We live in the Hawaii and the last time I checked, we are part of the U.S.A. and are govern by laws and not Haina's justice. Maybe you have problems because of the way you treat people and that won't change untill you change. The issue have never been about people violating the law but the way the law is administered. If they break the law they deserve to be cited. [PERIOD] What if you were J-WALKING and a police officer, pull his gun and stopped you, slammed you on the ground, all the while calling you names and swearing at you and then wrote you a ticket for J-WALKING. Better yet what if an officer targeted you so he would wait for you on the road near you home. When you drove out of your drive way about a mile down the road he chased you, you stop and with his gun drawn he approach your car all the while using vulgar words, open your car door, drag you out, slam you on the ground and after all that he issues a speeding ticket going 10 mile over the speed limit. The way you think, he is right in doing that to you. One thing I can tell you if that happen you would not venture out off your house for fear he might be waiting for you once you leave home. Most of the complaints I filed with DLNR are from people who got harrass by Haina for minor infractions. As a young boy growing up in Hawaii I've always enjoyed the outdoors but now with a person like him I don't feel safe doing what I grew up to enjoy. So Zelda take the law into your own hands so you can join Haina once the dust clear and the truth comes out and both of can be put away for good. AMEN

Papiopolice
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  huntaz only Fri May 22, 2009 6:57 am

I hunt on puplic hunting areas and try to follow the rules but I still been harassed by haina , he has gone over and beyound his duty to make me a bitter person towards him and for that reasons I wonder why I try and now with this crap about our dogs on puplic hunting trails cause of hikers want to bring there pets come on give me a break, as its is ,there ,s not much places to hunt thats legal, much less have big boars,
huntaz only
huntaz only
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  evan Mon May 25, 2009 3:47 am

Papiopolice wrote:Armed sentry?...LOL... FYI YOU ARE NOT IN LAW ENFORCEMENT. YOU ARE IN SECURITY. Its like saying a school bus driver is a race car driver. And your mentors the DOD Police, keystone cops. What do the DOD cop wannabees know about real LE tactics? What is your biggest LE decision each day on duty? When to sit or stand at your post? C'mon, from what it sounds like you dont know squat about proper police tactics. Reasonable force necessary to compell compliance. Drawing your weapon is not deadly force it is a threat of deady force. Every situation is different and is based on what the actor believes in each situation. A Poacher with weapons and unleashed dogs, clearing leather, drawing to the low ready or even drawing down on a poacher until any potential threat is identified and/or commands are followed in most cases is justified. A DOD armed guards use of force continum is far more restrictive than a real law enforcement officer.

Rolling Eyes What a first post...
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4