Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senate Bill 2782 to be heard on Wed.

4 posters

Go down

Senate Bill 2782 to be heard on Wed. Empty Senate Bill 2782 to be heard on Wed.

Post  Koa Boa Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:54 am

Aloha Gang,

SB 2782 has crossed over from the senate to the house and will be having a hearing on Wed. March 21, 2012 @ 11:15am. Please click on the link below or copy and paste it into your browser and please submit testimony in opposition to this bill.

http://capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=SB&billnumber=2782&year=

If you are off on wed. I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE you to try and make it to the hearing to give your testimony in person as well. Its moving very swiftly with no opposition in the legislature so its up to us to stop it.

Mahalo for your support,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Senate Bill 2782 to be heard on Wed. Empty Re: Senate Bill 2782 to be heard on Wed.

Post  maukadogs Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 pm

bradda muns give me a call, i off this week i'll be dea wensday just need a little info 953-5399 hit me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maukadogs
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Senate Bill 2782 to be heard on Wed. Empty MAHALO NUI LOA!!!

Post  Koa Boa Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:53 am

JUST WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE 10 PPL WHO SENT IN THEIR TESTIMONY IN OPPOSITION OF THIS BILL AND BRADDA SONNY FOR GOING DOWN THERE, I APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME TO SUBMIT TESTIMONY I WILL DO MY BEST TO UPDATE THIS TOPIC AS IT MOVES THROUGH THE LEGISLATURE. ONLY WE CAN STOP IT THERE IS STRONG SUPPORT FOR THIS BILL. BUT I BELIEVE THAT IF MORE HUNTAZ WOULD TESTIFY AGAINST IT WE WOULD BE TAKEN MORE SERIOUSLY! DO SOMETHING BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!! OR IT'LL BE LIKE THE OLD SAYING "DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT TILL ITS GONE"

SEEMS NOT TO MANY HUNTAZ ARE TOO WORRIED ABOUT IT...I HOPE YOURE RIGHT, GOD FORBID IF YOURE WRONG!!!

BRADDA MUNS

Last edited by Koa Boa on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ADD)
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Senate Bill 2782 to be heard on Wed. Empty Re: Senate Bill 2782 to be heard on Wed.

Post  longest finger Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:12 pm

bradda munz been offline for awhile wut we got going on in the senate??

longest finger
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:45 pm

Sup Jay,

Nice kalakoa you guys caught right on!

In the senate right now is a cpl bills that could severly impact hunting STATEWIDE! So I just try to post it up and notify the hunting community so that they can either show support or opposition in regards to what the bill is about.

Sadly as usual most Huntaz do nothing for whatever reason and our voice is unheard. If all 325 ppl who read this testified we would've have a greater than 10:1 ratio in opposition to it. Instead we had 10 well 11 including mine that sent in testimony.

It is what it is my bradda at least I can say I tried. Thanks for asking!

Alohaz,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  longest finger Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 am

muns i jus trip the law makers alwayz tryin to sneak by wit there billz!! what u get the same #?

longest finger
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:32 am

Right on you guys for testifying. I enjoyed reading all the hunters letters and they pointed out a bunch of good points.

It was a lot of fear mongering and propaganda that we're in some kind of crisis.

There's an anti-game mammal phobia that exists in much of the conservation community. While theres a lot of truth to a lot of it I enjoyed seeing it's flaws pointed out. They don't nessesarily deserve credibility and sometims it borders on hysteria. I've been telling these guys for years to drop that part about how a pig roots up a football field a week. And the point that "hybrid forests" (mixed alien and native) are fully functional watersheds is a very good one. That watershed protection shouldn't be a priority on most of the Big isle where water resources are very abundant- also a great point- and where so much native diversity is already protected with fences. Also a good point that that those funds would be better served to enhance watersheds on oahu. The relationship between browsing animals and vegetation is not very well understood by most of the conservation community, who tend to be idealists believing if you get rid of game mammals, the natives thrive. This is not nessesarily the case although it is where the native forests is still in great condition (deep deep mauka). It depends on the structure of the present plant community and in many cases, game animals keep certain weeds in balance. But using fireweed as the example was a poor choice for the argument made. The idea that "non-native plants use more water than natives" is only known to be true (to my knowledge) for strawberry guava, and Eucalyptus. There was a point made that if watersheds and water production is the concern, then why spend all the money messing around in fully functional alien or hybrid forests? (personally I know they wouldn't bother, but) the great point that the testifyer made was that the money should be spent reforesting old cow pastures instead of trying to convert functioning forests back to native. The economics of such a statement is genious.

To me it's a better idea to spend as much effort improving access to hunters through roads or trails, building camp shelters, and ditching the game laws in the few areas where reducing animals is the goal. I also think if hunters pitched that as an alternative to more and more fencing, it would be an easy thing for polititians to support.

Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down