Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***TRAINING PUPS***

5 posters

Go down

***TRAINING PUPS*** Empty ***TRAINING PUPS***

Post  Hawaiian420 Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:53 pm

ALOHA BRADDAHZ! JUST WANTED FOR HEAR HOW YOU GUYS TRAIN YOUR SOULJAH'Z! I NO CHOKE BRADDAHZ THAT GET DIFFERENT WAYS OF TRAINING THEIR DOGZ BUT KINDA LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE MAINLY. MY PUP IS 3 MONTHS OLD AND SHE ACTION ALREADY BUT WAS WITH ONLY ONE KEIKI PIG. IS THEIR WAYS TO TRAIN YOUR DOG SO WHEN YOU TAKE THEM HOLOHOLO THEY NO GO STRAIGHT FOR DA SMALLEST PIG?? OR ANY ADVICE OR TIPS THAT YOU GET WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!
MAHALO!
Hawaiian420
Hawaiian420
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

***TRAINING PUPS*** Empty Re: ***TRAINING PUPS***

Post  knockout Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:07 pm

usually i don't let my dog get any action until they about 6=7 months. Then if i start them on one pig, usually its a smaller one so they don't get traumatized by getting licking first thing, let them dominate....! I usually let them get all nuts with the pig, and just when they stay all pumped up rolling the pig, i take them off. I found if you let them roll till they get bored, or tired, or kill da pig, they get lazy. Taking them off early teaches them to get all da action now, and they like feel da rush again, so they cannot wait for roll again. When I finally take them hunting, i only bring one pup at a time. If they no follow the main dogs, they going be left behind, da main dogs is there to hunt, not play. If you bring more, they going be playing with each other. Thats what I do...I know guys get different style...Aloha...!

knockout
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  bigboarhunta4life Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:56 pm

I usually take my pups out huntin when they about eight months and always one at a time. I know some guys hold the pups on the rope when they hunt until they catch one pig but that only teaches them to stay by you until get action, which is why I never hold pups on da rope I always let them run with the pack. Also by letting them run with the pack if they start playing you can crack em while they playing cause if you no lick em right then and there while they doing em they not going know what they getting licking for and they not going learn playing is not tolerated. The one thing I dont do is spar my pups in one pig pen. I believe the smell of one wild pig and one pig in the pen is different because of the environment they in. I make my pups learn by following and watching my main dogs track and catch one pig in the wild. If you spar too much in the pen when you take the pup in the mountain he might get confused because he going be looking for the smell of the pig pen cause thats where he think the pig going be instead of smelling and tracking the scent of one wild pig. As far as the pup grabbing pig, as long as the pup get bloodline after watching the main dogs grab and scream one pig the pup going eventually get excited and revved up enough for start grabbing. When the pup start grabbing the pig encourage him to keep doing it and after the kill reward the pup with plenty of praise and affection by petting him and saying good job, this will encourage him to want to grab more pigs so he can get more praise and affection from you. Another important thing to remember is take the pup huntin as much as you can and be consistent with the training, remember the more you take em the faster he learn, the faster he learn the better he get. I hope you find this information helpful and good luck with your training.

Alohaz bigboarhunta4life

bigboarhunta4life
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kon3built Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:23 pm

well it depends on the kind of breed your coons are the more rough dogz like the bulls or bull xs more crazy so you can hunt them a liitle more early but the softer breeds like pointers and etc. come better if you age um cause you might hit something radical and the pup might get over confident cause he/she only bin on small pigs an most dogs small kine they jus grab so they might over commit on the big ones and get a little to close.So if you like you pups stey on out side bark n nip i would prefer hunting the pup the same kind of dogs cause the pups going take in what ever kind habits the older dogs teach them but try run um or open land jus to see how they work an back track then strait mountain cause they might get babied in the open terrain but yeh all depends on if the pup get heart but i not trying to tell you my is the best just from wat i think worked for me.lmk if any question jus pm me.aloha
kon3built
kon3built
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian420 Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Mahalo for da advice braddahz! But yah my pup is 1/2 plott hound 1/2 black mouth curr so garanz she get good nose but i was reading more on da black mouth curr side and i heard they good catch dogs too. But i like her more on da bark and nip side. Dis my first pup to so i like her be my ace until i get my own place or something.
Hawaiian420
Hawaiian420
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannonChun Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:30 am

I hunt my dogs 3months old grab or no grab, the way i see it you no more one dum dog at the end they know how for run, back track and at that age for me my pups no follow the other dogs and get lost all the time they only go little bit and come back. And got 2 remember one pup is one pup like one kid is one kid, pups going play but later they should loose that playness in them once they pork hungrey so no beat um!!! 4 me every dog when turn out that i broke in from a young age and they turn on quick. aloha hope this help you out shoots
ShannonChun
ShannonChun
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down